Monday, July 1, 2024

Ju-Lo-Wri-Mo Begins

Welcome to Ju-Lo-Wri-Mo... and no, I don't know what it stands for other than 'we're doing a writing thing this month'.  Join in if you want to.  If you don't want to, feel free to stop by and watch the progress here and at Silver's blog.  

Right now, the plan for me is to work on the next Duke Noble book - which, right now, is called Thicker than Water.  If I catch my stride, I may be able to get pretty far along in a first draft.  I'm not promising anything at this point, though.  

This month is all about no pressure, no expectations - for me.  You do you.  The only thing we're pushing each other toward is 'write or edit every day', and even then I don't think we're going to be too hard on each other if we stumble.  Might shake a stern finger over the internet.  :shrug:

Okay, so starting out... Thicker Than Water is at 4564 words and page 14.  Since I generally write in the evenings between dinner and bed time, I'll post my progress the following mornings - probably at the end of whatever else I'm posting for the day.  Then we'll see what I have accomplished on August 1st.  Woohoo.

I'm finding it hard to be all excited, but it's early and I need more coffee.  :half-heartedly waves pompoms:  Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what Ju-Lo-Wri-Mo means either. How about July Low-stress Writing Month? Also, it is officially Camp NaNoWriMo month, too. We'll be our own little cabin in the wilderness. 😁

    Didn't do anything this weekend. Loafed. Did minor work on the WIP. Stayed out of the heat.

    As for accountability, I'm starting woith 102966 words, which may go up or down each morning as I add or subtract editing words and then will go up when I hit the part that isn't totally written yet--just a jumbled collection of snippets.

    Upward and onward, my writing queen. 😉

    ReplyDelete