Saturday, December 19, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 12/19/20

And here we are again.  Getting pretty close to the end of another year and another big yearly wrap-up.  For now, though, let's just get to what happened in my reading week.  

No new books this week.  I still have four unread ebooks to tackle and a boatload of hardcopies.

Books Read: 

84) A Case of Need by Michael Crichton (Jeffery Hudson) (12/17/20) - Medical Suspense. 5 stars.  Not new to me or underappreciated.  I picked this one up back in February from one of the local thrift stores for 50c.
No Review.

83) The Conspiracy (DC Jake Tanner #1) by Jack Probyn (12/13/20) - Suspense*#. 5 stars.  New to me and while it has plenty of ratings, it's kind of lacking in the review department.  Got this off the Book Adrenaline newsletter.
Review: "Amazon has all the episodes as one book, so this is a review of that. (Same ASIN#.)
Thrilling story with lots of twists and turns. Definitely a roller coaster ride."
Note: Goodreads has the book as separate installments instead of one whole book, which is why the review says what it says.  And perhaps why there are so few reviews.  It was kind of confusing.   

No DNFs this week.

Currently reading...  a cute little romance.

What were you reading last week?  What are you looking forward to reading this week?  Is Santa bringing you books for Christmas?

Note: I upped the number of books in my reading goal to 90 this morning, since I'm already halfway through #85.

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently listening to book #198 and since I only have an hour to go, and I know the rating, I'll include it for this week. I'll be upping my challenge to something over 200 since I'm only 2 books away and there's still a lot of reading time left in the year. I'm currently 5 books ahead of schedule, upping to 6 when I finish the current listen. None of the authors are new to me and none really need reviewing though I leave them on GR to keep track.

    198 - Winter Moon (Seven #7.5) Dannika Dark - 5 stars: A wonderful Christmas tale that checks in with every member of the Weston Pack and friends.

    197 - One Second (Seven #7) Dannika Dark - 5 stars: OMG! What an end to this series. War, love, redempion, family.

    196 - Charming (Seven #6.5) 4 stars - A novella that detours into a side character. Prince definitely met his match in Kat.

    195 - Two Minutes (Seven #6) Dannika Dark - 5 stars: Another couple in the Weston Pack gets their HEA.

    194 - A Warm Heart in Winter (Black Dagger Brotherhood #18.5) JR Ward - 3 stars: I barely got through this one. I need to remember that while she's universally loved, no matter how much I try, I just can't get into her "rhythm." This one was a library hold so no harm, no foul.

    193 - Three Hours (Seven #5) Dannika Dark - 5 stars: Lots of drams but a fun listen.

    Next read? Not sure yet. I have a couple on hold from the library but I doubt either drops today. I'll probably fall back to a favorite author as I have her newest addition to her newest series.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete