Saturday, December 5, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 12/5/20

Hello again.  Thanks for taking time out of your day to stop by.  Hopefully you'll find something you want to read when you're perusing these Saturday posts.  =o)

I picked up one new ebook this week - a thriller.  I still have two ebooks leftover from last month that I should get to next week - a romance and a mystery.  

If you stop by my 2020 Books Read post, you'll see I upped my reading goal for the year again.  And I probably need to up it again, if these fast reads keep coming.  I'm only 4 books off the new goal and I will probably end up reading more than that.  We'll see how fast I get to 84 and then make a decision, eh?

Books Read:

81) Cherry Pie or Die by CeeCee James (12/3/20) - Cozy Mystery* - 4 stars. New to me but not underappreciated.  Picked up for free off the ENT newsletter.
Review: "Cute little mystery with a nice set-up for more stories and an interesting background for the heroine."
Available in audio.


80) Two Hearts Home for Christmas by Tamara Ferguson (12/2/20) - Romance*# - 5 stars.  New to me and while it does have plenty of ratings, it doesn't have nearly enough reviews.  Free off the Book Doggy newsletter.
Review: "What a nice story! So what I needed right now."

79) A Litter of Bones (DCI Logan #1) by JD Kirk (12/1/20) - Thriller* - 5 stars.  New to me but plenty of reviews.  (It's so good, I'm not surprised.)  Found this on the All About Books Divas FB page while it was free.
Review: "What a wild ride! The suspense was so delicious that this one was really hard to put down to do things like eat and sleep and various other life stuff. I thoroughly loved this book. It reminded me of the Masterpiece Mysteries I wait months to catch and then can't sleep afterwards going over and over the scenes in my head. This one will stick with me for a while."
Available in audio.

DNFs:

12/4/20 - Themed compilation of fiction and non-fiction.  The intro and the first two 'stories' bored the every lovin' hell out of me.  I'm keeping the book.  I'll try again later.  Maybe there are more interesting stories in there somewhere.

Currently reading...  Since I gave up on that book last night, I couldn't find something else to start.  Bummer.

What did your reading week look like?

1 comment:

  1. Slow reading week, only 3 books. I'm either 2 or 3 books ahead of my GR challenge. Two new books, one old favorite, no new-to-me authors.

    186 - The Girl Who Knew Too Much - Amanda Quick, 3 stars historical. The narrator made listening a chore. 1930's California, sort of tie-in with her paranormal series, at least the location.

    187 - Written in Red - Anne Bishop, 5 stars - fantasy. I love this book and series. I was between books and grabbed this one. It just hit the spot.

    188 - The Vow - Dannika Dark, 5 stars - paranormal romance. An extension of her previous Seven series. Interesting worldbuilding and characters. I never got around to reading the last book in the series but now I'm going to reread the seven books in the series.

    Currently reading SEVEN YEARS, the first book in Dark's series.

    Happy Reading this week!

    ReplyDelete