Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thursday This n That

Adapt dammit!  Whether you want to or not. 

I've been up since 3:30.  This does not bode well for human interaction.  And I have to go to Wallyworld today.  

Lucky for Hubs, he is exempt from my crankiness.  He and Mom are the only ones with that exemption.  The cat doesn't care.

I read a really awesome book this week.  It was a British suspense/thriller.  I need to coax some money out of my budget to buy the next book.  

Unfortunately, I got my new jacked-up health insurance bill this morning.  They added an additional $50 a month.  A month.  That's more money per month than I've made this year selling books, btw.  And I never use the damn insurance.  Seriously.  Never.  I only have it in case something bad happens.  If I'd taken all the premiums I've paid and never used over the years and put that money into a savings account, I'd probably have enough to pay for major surgery out of pocket.  Sheesh.

As I told Mom yesterday, don't get me started or we'll be here all day.

Yesterday, I saw a bald eagle.

No sign of Pierre the skunk since that one time.  I hope he's okay.  I mean, I'm glad he's not stinking up the joint, but I don't want anything bad to happen to him.

Send positive thoughts out to my BFF's great niece.  She's fourteen and they just discovered she has a brain tumor.  =o(  Come to think of it, send positive thoughts to her and her whole family.  It hasn't been the best of years for them.

It hasn't been the best of years for most of us, I'd say.  Sure, not as bad as the above, but we're each struggling with all of this in our own ways.  Hang in there.  By your fingertips or the skin of your teeth if you have to, but hang in there.  :hugs:

Sorry to be such a downer this morning.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 comments:

  1. Some days, there's not enough coffee in the world. Sending big hugs to you and healing thoughts and prayers to your BFF's niece. Medicine sometimes works miracles. And this is the season for such.

    Pierre is likely around. They tend to be nocturnal like the possums and raccoons.

    Not much this or that for me today. Have been deep in finishing, revising, and edits. Blurb writing--thank you very much! I'll finish today and get it uploaded though we're still waiting on the cover corrections that have to be made due to the kerfluffle in the series group.

    ODing on Hallmark Christmas movies. The damn things are addictive.

    I'm making crockpot French dip sandwiches for dinner tonight. Rump roast, beefy onion soup mix, water, all-day cooking, toasted hoagie rolls and provolone cheese.

    Tree guys came yesterday and got a lot done before the winter weather moved in. Trimming out high branches in a cold rain? Nope. They'll be back when the weather clears.

    Not much else worth noting in my world. Hang in there, m'friend. This, too, shall pass. Time marches on. Etc. etc. etc. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many hugs to that poor child and her family!

    Since I got early SS, I broke down and applied for ACA insurance -- nearly $300/mo and that's with a $1000 discount. Yikes! But it's only until August, when Medicare kicks in. One of the few advantages to getting old.

    Yay for the bald eagle!

    I hope you feel perkier soon.

    ReplyDelete