Saturday, December 12, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 12/12/20

Oopsie.  I accidentally post this to the wrong blog last night.  Here it is.  And if you were already there, here it is again...

Well, hello there.  Fancy meeting you here.  It's almost the end of the year, ya know, and we're coming to the end of these wrap-ups for 2020.  (I have a flare for stating the obvious, doncha know.)

I picked up four new ebooks this week - paranormal mystery, UF, paranormal romance, romance.  And I have one book left from before - a thriller.  No new hardcopies this week.

Books Read:

82) Drop Dead, Gorgeous by Mike Jastrzebski (12/6/20) - Supernatural Mystery*# - 5 stars.  New to me and while it does have loads of ratings, it doesn't have many reviews, which is too damn bad.  Free off the ENT newsletter.
Review: "Wow, that was a really fun story. I loved the characters and the premise was interesting. It was well-written with an intriguing plot. Plus, it hearkened back to the old noir crime novels I love. Supernatural mystery for the win."

DNFs:

12/11/20 - romance. Free.  I read this about 2/3rds of the way through and then I realized there was no way I was going to be able to give the book more than 3 stars, no matter how it finished.  So I stopped.  I mean, there was sooo much unnecessary stuff in there.  The author could've trimmed a lot and had a much better book with fewer pages.  One I probably would've read all the way through.  =o( 

Currently reading... the thriller left over from earlier in the month.  I'm not loving it, so I'm not sure if this will become a DNF today.  

How did your reading week go?  Anything awesome to report?

1 comment:

  1. My week was okay. I'm 3 books ahead of schedule, with 192 read toward my GR challenge of 200. I'm in the midst of a reread/listen to Dannika Dark's Seven series. Interesting worldbuilding. I originally read them back in 2014/2015, and now I'm listening to the audio books. I love my library! The series revolves around a pack of wolf shifters made up mostly of brothers, though there are characters who join the pack who get their HEA. She's a best selling author so lots of reviews. I will note that she liked my review of THE VOW (read last week and the book that kicked off my current listening binge. Blew me away! Anyway, I'm noting the characters and a little of the plot.

    192 - Four Hours (Seven #4), 5 stars: Ivy and Lorenzo Church. He's a rival pack master. She's "traded" into Austin's pack, which basically saved her. Her backstory is horrible and sad and Lorenzo is something of a jerk but true love wins out.

    191 - Five Days (Seven #3), 5 stars: Jericho and Izzy. He's a rock star. She left him when she caught him with a groupy. She figures he's OD'd by now--which he sort of did, and his family blames that on her. Sweet second chance story.

    190 - Six Months (Seven #2), 5 stars: Reno and April. He's the oldest brother and 2nd in command. A PI. April is Lexi's human friend and they work in the same candy store. April is in trouble with loan sharks. LOTS of scary action in this. Reno claims her despite the species incompatibility--no reproduction and she'll age and die, he'll live hundreds of years.

    189 - Seven Years (Seven #1), 5 stars: Lexi and Austin. LONG backstory. She didn't know she was a shifter and was raised human. He's the youngest of his brothers, but got the alpha gene. He left to avenge the death of her brother (human) who was Austin's best friend. He's back, and building his pack.

    Currently listening to THREE HOURS, which is Wheeler's and Naya's story. He's one of the brother's with a twin whose a total @$$hat and Naya, a good friend of Lexi's who is a panther shifter. I'm almost 1/2 through but had to stop for a breath because I'm totally pissed at Ben (the twin.) Anway, I'll finish out this series with TWO MINUTES and ONE SECOND this coming week. After that, who knows?

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete