Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The Chaos Diaries - 4/15/20

Well, today is supposed to be tax day, but the chaos has pushed that back to... June?  July?  I don't remember.  We've all have our taxes done here, so it doesn't matter to me anymore. 

The governor of MO basically said 'why bother opening schools for two weeks?' and cancelled the rest of the school year.  I guess I had no idea the year was supposed to end on May 15th anyway.  :shrug:  This comes from not having school-aged children and the one in the neighborhood lives around the corner, so I don't actually notice when the bus stops coming for the year.  I'll notice next year when she moves into the house they're building next door.

Half Whitmer in Michigan is apparently trying to backpedal, pointing her finger at the retailers as being the ones who 'misunderstood' her mandates.  Well, maybe if your mandates were clear and made any logical sense whatsoever - you know like a real leader of men might issue - there wouldn't have been any misunderstanding.  Silly bitch.

I read something this morning about people getting ready to protest these mandates and stuff in North Carolina.  I also read something about protesting being declared 'non-essential' in Virginia.  So basically, they're saying 'stay in your homes and suck it, folks'.  Good thing I don't live over there.  Even better thing is they're not pulling that crap here.  Yet.

Yesterday, I made pizza.  It turned out really yummy and thus, I ate too much of it.  I also spent the morning poisoning the poison ivy.  That stuff is insidious, hiding under the mayapples and trying to look like Virginia Creeper.  I'll have to spray it again, I'm sure.  Maybe two more times.  Whatever it takes to kill it.

Today?  Well, I'm hoping my paycheck shows up, but if it doesn't, I'm still going to Dollar General.  Have to get my cell phone days before they run out.  One of these days, I'm going to look into something other than TracFone, but today is not that day.

Okee dokee.  I supposed I should go do something.  Have a great day wherever you are.  Stay safe and stay healthy.

How are things in your neck of the woods?  What are you doing to keep busy?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...politics. So glad my remote has a mute button. LG got ours done over the weekend. We didn't owe anything. Don't get a refund because we don't pay anything in. But we file just to stay off the radar.

    I'm writing new words in short, sporadic bursts, mainly when I'm hit with a writing prompt*. I did pull out an old manuscript--like from 20 years ago! It's been lurking out there and saved, copied, switched word processing programs--a couple of times!--and then just put on hold. Took me 3 days to clean up the formatting. It was ugly. And man is it DATED! Still, I might post it a chapter at a time for fun.

    Since I'm not writing, I should be doing other writerish stuffs. Like teaching myself how to use Book Brush. I'm paying for it. It's like Canva only book-centric. I got their premium plan for like half-off and I want to do cool graphics of all my books and stuff but I haven't gotten 'round tuit.

    Listening to a trio of funny paranormal romances about honey badger shifters, bears, and in the new book, the hero is a jaguar who doesn't know he's a shifter. The author always makes me laugh. I'm about half-way through book 2.

    Not much else is going on. Life is what it is at the moment. I need to quaranteen my sleep patterns though. I'm sick and tired of the weirdness that erupts when I'm drifting off, sleeping, and being awakened, only to start the cycle over. Night after night. Hrmmm.... There's probably a horror novel in there somewhere. Or maybe a gothic romance... *wanders off to get fresh coffee*

    *As explained on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete