Sunday, April 26, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 16

Hello.  I forgot to set this up last night, and I'm not quite awake yet, but here goes...

I finished all the edit notes I had and then started in on the crutch words.  I'll work on those today and then start the read through tomorrow, so I can meet my goal of having this done by the end of the month.  After I get that done, I still have to format, so it might be 5/1 when I finally get it live.  May Day! 

Last week was a good reading week.  Yesterday, I started Dan Brown's Inferno.  Gotta say, so far I'm not feeling it.  Which is too bad because I liked the other two books of his I've read. 

I was a baking fiend this week.  I made chocolate chunk cookies (recipe below), peach upside-down cake, and pizza.  All sans-mixer recipes.  No word on when my new mixer will ship.  =o\

All the cat food I've ordered has now shipped.  One package is coming from FL and the other is coming from CA.  They should both be here midweek, good lord willin' and the crick don't rise.

On the activity front, I was only really active 3 days this week.  Two of those days, I went fishing.  One day I cleaned the inside of the dishwasher, which, if you've never done it, totally counts.  Still, one of those pounds I gained back left again.  Weight: 173.4

Other than that, I was pretty much a slacker.  I really need to get outside and do some gardening.  Weeds need pulling, there are still two beds I never cleaned after the winter, and my block project is still sitting under the deck waiting for me to start it.  Hubs mowed again and should start the first bug spray of the year today, so I need to get some of that stuff done before he sprays.  Ah, thank goodness for cool mornings.  I also need to do some cleaning inside here. 

Okay, well, I think that's it for me.  If I've forgotten anything and you have a burning need to know about it, ask.  What did your last week look like?

Recipe:


Incredible Chocolate Chunk Cookies

½ cup butter (softened)
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup peanut butter
½ tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup oatmeal
1 cup chopped Hershey Special Dark miniatures.

Preheat oven to 350F.  In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugars.  Stir in egg and vanilla until smooth.  Stir in peanut butter.  In a separate bowl, sift flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt together.  Slowly stir dry mixture into wet mixture until combined.  Stir in chocolate chunks.  Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.  Bake 9-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.  Cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to whatever you use to cool cookies completely.  I use paper towels or dish towels. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm up almost five pounds. Stupid peanut clusters!

    Had a small break-through on the short story I'm doing for an anthology supbmission. Hopefully, lots (but not too many--I only get 5K) of new words will come today.

    We had rain and some storms. A little hail but the heavy stuff all missed us. *knocks wood* Temps warming up so fresh air through open windows makes me happy if sneezy. I should feel dopey about that since I don't have a regular doc. With the window open, I'm not as sleepy when I wake up though I'm still grumpy until I've had my coffee and I'm not bashful in my love for coffee!

    Moving on...

    I drug out the small wading pool yesterday, scrubbed it, and filled it with water. The boys are happy. Boone likes to drink from it and Jake just stands and stares like he's trying to decide if it's warm enough to get his feet wet. Then he runs off all happy and goofy for a few minutes before coming back and staring. My critters are weird. And Loki STILL likes LG best.

    That's about the sum total of my life. Boring, right? Not much has changed.

    Hope you get your block project done. Hope your mixer ships soon. And yay for finishing edits, formatting, and getting the book loaded! Can't wait to "read" my copy in KU and then buying it for my keeper shelf. Enjoy your Sunday and here's to a productive week for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies sound soooo good!

    I only got 8 illustrations done this week, but I had a record number of pattern orders to keep me busy. Real money -- Yay!

    ReplyDelete