Sunday, January 31, 2021

Sunday Update - Week 4

Week 4 of the 2021 siege.  Just when you think it can't possibly get worse, it says 'oh, yeah, watch this'.  

No writing.

Sunday night, I couldn't sleep, so I got back up and worked on editing.  I adjusted the first 5 pages so Duke sounds more like himself.  Then Monday hit and nothing else got done.

I read one book last week.  I picked up ten new paperbacks at the thrift store, though.

In baking news, I made a batch of Oatmeal Raisin cookies, but this time I also added chocolate chips.  They're pretty yummy.  Then yesterday, I had the urge to bake and a box of yellow cake mix, so I gave Hubs the choice of either yellow cake with white frosting or coffee cake.  He chose coffee cake, so I made that.  I think I've posted both those recipes, so they won't be here.  If you want it and can't find it, let me know.

No activity.  No weight change.

I did a lot of running around this past week.  The vet Monday.  The bank, post office, convenience store, and thrift shop on Tuesday.  Then north for smokes Thursday.  Then south for groceries and another stop at the vet (Kira's ashes are home now) on Friday.  Then northwest to take all her unopened cans of food, etc. to the local shelter yesterday.  I probably put about 250 miles on the car last week.  Blerg.

One day, Hubs and I sat down and watched Citizen Kane together.  Neither of us had ever seen it.  (I thought I had, but I hadn't.)  I know it's supposed to be some cinematic masterpiece, but meh.  

Other than that, I played a lot of poker.  I went over 24 million, then lost back down to 23 mil, then came back up then went back down.  It was one of those weeks.

The world further descended into madness.

Yesterday, we had some weather fun as storms with rotational winds popped up and appeared to be headed this way.  We heard the thunder and saw the warnings, but all we got was the rain.  Whew.

Today, I hope to pull my head out and get some work done.  We'll see how the day progresses from here.

How did your week go?

2 comments:

  1. It was a week for sure. Glad to get a Mulligan for the upcoming week.

    I did manage to get new words on the WIP. Only a few until the weekend. I hope to add more today if I can find the gumption.

    Bruised a tooth, put some toothache gel on it. It stopped hurting. When it started again, I put more on. And then again. BAAAAD mistake. I reacted badly to one of the ingredients. If I tied a white handkerchief around my head/face, I'd look like that cartoon dude in the toothache ads. It was BAD. Luckily, it didn't affect my breathing but my jaw and face were terribly swollen. After a lot of Benadryl and ice packs, I look almost normal, though it's still a little swollen and tender.

    I gave up on my relisten of a series I've enjoyed in the past. The third book just wasn't working for me and I lost interest. I managed to snag Andre Norton's WITCH WORLD for $1.99 in audio so I'll give it a try later today. My brain just isn't in the mood.

    The world is still crazy.

    I'm leaving the MeWe tab open on my browser, right next to FB so hopefully, I'll remember to drop in there more often. I really dislike social media even if they seem like good guys. Of course, I'm being very selective about "friends" there.

    There's enough negativity in world. The sun is shining and the sky is blue.

    I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and will sign a group of TWICE THE TEMPTATION books and mail them to the local TV station I used as the basis for the heroine. I mention the head weather guy by name in the dedication. I'm sending enough copies for all the in-studio weather team and a couple of the storm chasers. We'll see what happens.

    Time for more coffee. Enjoy your day and here's to a week that's better for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even remember last week. I think I got some work done. I did help trim up Mom's trees. I was going to do mine, too, but ran out of energy. It's far too windy today.

    Wishing for a better week for all of us!

    ReplyDelete