Saturday, January 2, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 1/2/21

 The first wrap-up of the new year.  Yay!

Unfortunately, I did not meet my last updated goal for 2020.  When I moved it to 90 books, I shot too high.  In my defense, I didn't know the last book I chose to read in 2020 would take as long to read as it did.  I regret nothing.

The only new book I got last week was the one that took so long. 

Books read:

88) The East Witch by Cedar Sanderson (12/31/20) - Paranormal Fantasy*. 5 stars.  Not new to me, but a new release, so definitely underappreciated.  Picked this up at full price - $4.99 - after seeing it on the author's FB page.
Review: "Fun story from beginning to end, with loads of twists and turns long the way, populated with wonderful characters, full of action and mayhem, littered with mythology and fantasy. And nicely done so the story is complete when it reaches THE END."

NA) Christmas Moon Derp... Silent Night by Silver James (12/29/20) - Paranormal Romance*# - 5 stars.  This one was a free story to her newsletter subscribers, so it doesn't really count on toward my 'books read', but I didn't want to leave it off the wrap-up.
Review: "Totally awesome.  So heartwarming and sweet and it made me cry."

No DNFs this week.

Currently reading... a SF I picked up on Christmas Eve.

What reading materials did you usher out the old year with?  What's on your list for the New Year?

2 comments:

  1. Uhm...you mean Silent Night? LOL Christmas Moon was free for awhile on Amazon. S'okay. We all need more coffee. I hit my updated challenge of 205 on the nose. The book I thought would put me one over turned out to be my first read of 2021. So yay. Since I was mostly procrastinating this past week, I got through 5 books. All are by the wife/husband team collectively known as Ilona Andrews. All but one are part of their Hidden Legacy series. Urban fantasy at it's funnest. I'd finished the first book, BURN FOR ME last week.

    1 - Emerald Blaze #5 - 5 stars: I forgot the cliffhanger. ARGH! And the next book is nowhere in sight.

    205 - Sapphire Flames #4 - 5 stars: Catalina comes into her own.

    204 - Diamond Fire #3.5 - 4.5 stars: This was the transition between one trilogy arc and the next.

    203 - Wildfire #3 - 5 stars: Rogan and Nevada! Yay!

    202 - White Hot #2 - 5 stars: Lots of action!

    201 - The Awakening, Nora Roberts - 3 stars, contempoary fantasy(?). Not unknown or underappreciated. While I love her alter-ego (JD Robb), I always have a little trouble getting into her Nora books. This one should have been a slamdunk from the blurb but I just didn't every really connect with the characters. I may give it another try at some point when I'm in a different headspace.

    Currently reading: The Executioner: War Against the Mafia #1. Total old skool action. We'll see if that's my current headspace. Once it's done, I have no clue what I'll read. FYI, not buying many books lately. If I don't already own it, I use my wonderful library.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Derp. Fixed it.

      Ooo, Executioner novels. You ought to see if more of the old noir novels are in Audible format. I wonder if maybe I, The Jury is in audio.

      Delete