Saturday, January 16, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 1/16/21

Hello.  It wasn't an exciting week in reading for me, but some weeks are like that.

I picked up four new ebooks this past week - mystery, paranormal mystery, romance, and something I don't have the genre figured out for yet.  I still have two unread ebooks left from last year - a paranormal and a suspense.  No new hardcopies yet this year.

Books Read: 

3) Five Complete Miss Marple Novels by Agatha Christie (1/15/21) - Mystery.  5 stars.  Neither new to me nor underappreciated.  I've had this hardcover for years, but only just now read it.  Unfortunately, I'd already read three out of the five novels, and didn't realize on two of them until partway through.  :shrug:  The other two were fun.
No Review.

No DNFs, since I spent all week reading one book.

Currently reading...  I finished that one last night and didn't have time to start a new book.  I'll probably start one of the books leftover from last year sometime today.

What did your reading week look like?

1 comment:

  1. I got through 3 books and will finish the 4th today. All of them are in Anne Bishop's The Others series--neither unknown nor unappreciated. I've read/listened to this series multiple times. It's hard to explain this fantasy(?) paranormal(?) alternate history(?) series. When they first released a certain group all jumped on the bandwagon waving their environmental and repression flags. I took a different view and totally take it now, given the current climate. Hard to explain to someone who hasn't read the series and isn't in my head. Anyway. I'm at 9 books (1 ahead) of my 200-book GR challenge. I've included the book I'll finish today, which will put me at 10 books, 2 ahead of schedle.

    10 - Etched in Bone #5 5 stars

    9 - Marked in Flesh #4 5 stars

    8 - Visions in Silver #3 5 stars

    7 - Murder of Crows #2 5 stars

    I plan on skipping the next book in this series, which is actually the first book in a spin-off series because the 2nd book, Wild Country, runs on a concurrent timeline with Etched in Bone. Then I'll come back to listen to Lake Silence.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete