Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sunday Update - Week 2

Well, it was another week of 2021.  I saw something on the webz that went like this: 2021 = 2020 won.  Umm, yeah.  It sure feels that way.  But enough about that...

I'm over here still plugging along.  I wrote 8167 words last week, writing every day but yesterday.  I needed a day off.  All I have left to write on this book is the denouement.  Wrap everything up in a neat little bow.  Anyway, I took yesterday off partly because I wasn't sure how to proceed with the end.  Then, as I was trying to go to sleep last night, it hit me.  I got up and wrote the idea down.  Then shortly after I went back to bed, it hit me some more, so I got up again and wrote that idea down, too.  I can write the ending today.  Yay.

And I think I have a title finally:  Duke Noble: Consequences.  We'll see if I come up with something better before I'm ready to go to publication.

And I've been pondering cover art.  Actually, I can picture the cover in my head.  It all depends whether I can pull it off.  

Marketing?  Umm, no.  My brain is all into the creating right now.  

Last week wasn't bonza for reading.  I only finished one book.  Well, actually, it was a five book omnibus, of which I'd already read three.  So I read two of the others all the way through and the beginnings of two others to the point where I realized I'd already read them.  But yeah, technically, only one book.  Yesterday, I DNF'd four books.  Blerg.

I got in 5 days with active stuff last week.  But I didn't weigh myself at all.  It probably hasn't changed from my last record: 181.6.

In the activity was a bout of clearing the south plot.  And then it snowed, so no more progress on that.  I'm still not sure if I'll do a garden there, but the work will keep me busy.

On the baking front, I made applesauce bread yesterday.  I also planned on making cookies, too, but I ended up vacuuming and then the gumption ran out.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but Pierre the skunk seems to have moved on.  The leaves we packed around the wood pile haven't been moved.  I'd move, too, if my whole house smelled like moth balls.  Sorry, Pierre, but your stink was becoming an issue.  May you be happier elsewhere.

Yesterday, Lear the buck stopped by for some noms.  He's antlerless now, but that broken ear will always tell us who he is.  He looks good and yay, he made it through all the hunting seasons.

That's it for me for the week.  How did things go in your world?

2 comments:

  1. Yay for almost completing the book! Yay for Lear coming and Pierre going. Yay for activity and applesauce bread.

    I feel like a lump. I let the world get to me last week. My bad. I'm gonna try to do better. I did a little writing but this month has mostly been a writing bust, despite my aspirations. I gotta get over myself.

    I'm hiding in a beloved series of books in hopes when I emerge, my headspace will be better.

    Still trying to make crow friends. Not having much luck. The starlings are happy, though.

    Baseball Boy and Stormy are coming over this afternoon to do laundry. Their washer sighed it's last rattle this week and the new one won't be delivered until Thursday.

    Boring week. Boring life. Trying not to get depressed, which is boring. Hope to get some new words today but the brain is tired. Insomnia is trying to be BFFs again. *blerg*

    But there's Black Rifle coffee. Here's to a good week for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new words! You're so close to THE END! Woot!

    And congrats to Lear for surviving the year. It was a hard one for all of us.

    As to what I got done last week... Let's not talk about that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete