Saturday, January 30, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 1/30/21

Howdy there!  

No new ebooks this week, which is just as well since my Kindle is otherwise occupied with my editing endeavors.  I did hit the thrift store this week, though, and got ten new paperbacks - 7 old Zane Grey, 2 old Alistair MacLean, and an old copy of The Virginian - for $5.  Cha-ching.

Books Read:

5) Horse Heaven Hill by Zane Grey (1/29/21) - 5 stars#.  Not new to me and while it has loads of ratings, it has few reviews, which makes it underappreciated in my book.  50c at the thrift store.
Review: "Most excellent! As a horse lover, one scene was hard to bear, and definitely not for the faint of heart. In the end, though, the good guys win and the bad guys lose. And the heroine gets her hero. :happy sigh:"

No DNFs.

Currently Reading... I finished the Zane Grey last night and then sat down to watch a movie with Hubs.  I'll start something else today.

What was on your reading list this week?

1 comment:

  1. I only listened to 3 this week. I'm at 18 books on the year, 3 ahead of schedule on my GR challenge. All are by Anne Bishop and relistens. None are unknown or underappreciated. All are fantasy.

    18 - Cast in Courtlight (Chronicles of Elantra, #2) 5 stars
    17 - Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra, #1) 5 stars
    16 - Cast in Moonlight (Chronicles of Elantra, #0.5) 4 stars

    I'm currently listening to Cast in Secret, #3. Not sure I'll finish it. It may be because I'm not feeling up to par--stupid drug reaction. This particular one seems to be dragging. I may listen to it in the background, simply because I hate NOT finishing a book. Thing is, there's nothing out there that I really WANT to listen to. I hate the reading blahs.

    Anyway, enjoy your Zane Greys and the others! I wish Louis L'Amour's Sackett series was in audio. Maybe I'll go look to see. Have a peaceful Saturday. Raining here and LG has a meeting out of town so it's just me and the critters. I foresee crawling back into bed, but I really need to get some new words done. We'll see. Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete