Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Late Night Ponderings for a Morning Post

It's a quarter to ten and I'm writing this to post in the morning.  I'm kinda tired, but I'm waiting for the cat to use the litterbox so I don't go to bed only to get up in an hour.  Life with a geriatric cat.  :sigh:

The world has really gone batshit crazy.  It's like 2021 looked at 2020 and said 'hold my beer'. 

People... or a certain subsect of people, I should say... are calling for another section of people to be put on a list, or rounded up, or blacklisted somehow.  It's a creepy glimpse of Germany in the late 1930s.  I saw and shared a meme thingie on FB with a made-up quote from George Orwell about how he'd written a book to warn people against behavior like this.  He wasn't alone.  Aldous Huxley, Ayn Rand, Ray Bradbury... myself, if I can include myself in that list of literary greats... all wrote books warning against this stuff.  Pity not enough people listened.

The company I've used for years as my internet browser said something about the tech companies not doing enough to censor people, or something like that.  As of today, I have a new browser.  It's called Brave.  We'll see.  I had thought, you know, browsers... how can they do anything political?  Umm, yeah.  

I was thinking today about building a vegetable garden and maybe getting some chickens or rabbits.  I found an article that was really into the whole critter-proof garden thing, complete with diagrams and lists of tools you NEED to buy to do it.  Umm, no.  Then I found another article that was totally relaxed about the whole thing and didn't make it seem like a major home improvement project.  That's more my style.  You don't need an engineer or a wad of money to put something together that won't blow down in a stiff breeze or collapse at the sight of a deer.  I have ideas now.

I'm still writing my book.  44291 words as of tonight... err, last night... err... maybe I should just set this to post and go to bed.  Here kitty kitty kitty.  Time to go to the litterbox so mommy can go to bed.

6 comments:

  1. I wish we lived closer. I have a whole flock of new laying hens (they just started laying) that I want to sell.

    Just out of curiosity, why do you want rabbits? You seem too kindhearted to dispatch them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, it's just a thought right now, but yeah, if we lived closer and I did get chickens, I'd rather get them from you. As for rabbits, they're meat like anything else. My dad was a hunter, so we ate loads of rabbits, squirrels, deer, ducks, etc. Bambi and Thumper, so to speak. :shrug:

      Delete
  2. I miss rabbit. They were good eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I remember, rabbit was good. So was squirrel. We have tons of the latter running around here wild. If I had to, I'd eat them, too.

      Delete
  3. The world has really gone batshit crazy. It's like 2021 looked at 2020 and said 'hold my beer'.

    No. Effing. S#!+!!!! The censorship scares the bejeebus outta me. But the ones doing it believe they're on the "right" side. You can bet if the other side tried this, they'd be screaming bloody murder about their rights. I keep reminding people of two things:
    1. Be careful what you wish for
    2. What goes around comes around.
    Just sayin'.

    Chickens can be cool, if a little noisy and messy. Rabbits? Nope. Never liked the taste and they are cute and fluffy, IMHO.

    I don't have much to add today. Slow getting around. I got the first chapter written yesterday. Figured it was time since I have about 23K words written. 🤣

    Pizza for dinner. I need to get it ordered so I can go pick it up and let it rise before dinner-time baking. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly.

      Yep, chickens are noisy and messy. And rabbits are cute and fluffy. And in a normal world, I wouldn't want to keep either one, but we're sliding so past a normal world, it's under consideration.

      LOL, you go, girl.

      Yay for pizza! Enjoy!

      Delete