Sunday, January 24, 2021

Sunday Update - Week 3

The third week of '2021: Son of 2020' is behind us.  Only 49 more to go.  I don't know what fresh hell will come.  Don't even want to posit it.

In case you missed it, I finished Duke Noble: Consequences last Sunday.  No more writing for a while.  I'm supposed to be editing.  I got the first scene partway done and then wrote a note to rewrite the whole thing because at that point, it would be easier.  Started the next scene and already have notes to rewrite the first couple paragraphs.  I won't be changing the general gist, but Duke's voice at the beginning is way different than his voice throughout the rest of the book, once I had him walking around in my head for a while.  I need to change the beginning to match the rest of it.

Nothing going in the marketing department.  Someone read through all the books in the genie series this past week - I can see them reading by watching my Pages Read counter go up.  I hope they enjoyed it.  No new reviews.  Does anyone review books anymore or is it just me?

It was not a great week for reading for me.  DNF'd six books and only finished one.  

In baking news, I made a batch of cake cookies.  I also started making mini-frittatas so Hubs has something to eat without either of us having to make breakfast.  They're super easy - I mean, it's just baked omelet/scrambled eggs.  6 eggs beaten with about a quarter cup of milk, add in yummy stuffs like cheese and ham, season with salt & pepper and maybe some chives, fill liberally greased muffin cups to about halfway.  Bake at 350F until the eggs are set - stick a fork in the center of the center ones and if it comes out clean, they're done.  They poof in the pan, but shrink flat when they cool, so they're good for sammichs.  Little round yummy eggs you can put on a roll or eat right off your plate.  They refrigerate well and warm in the microwave for like 10 seconds.  

Let's not talk about weight or activity this week, k?

I crested 22 million in poker.  If only it were real money.

Lear stopped by the yard this week.  His antlers are gone now, but with his bent ear, we'll always know who he is.

Not much else went on this week.  I mean, there are things going on, but I'd rather not talk about them right now.  What's up in your world?

2 comments:

  1. About the same as yours minus finishing a book, frittatas, and a visit from Lear. 🤣

    I had a decent book listening week. Writing was hit and miss. One day, I'd go great guns and then I'd stare at the computer for two days. Still, a little progress. I had a witch pop up and now I need to figure out why she's there.

    It's a foggy, chilly morning. Glad to have a quiet house and hot coffee.

    Stormy came for a visit. Always fun to have him around.

    Not much else going on. I haven't looked at a news cast in...a week? I'll occasionally open the app for the local station we watch for weather and any stories that might be of interest. National stuff? Nope. Not gonna.

    Anyway, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Let's hope for a productive week for us all! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! I got here! My blog reader is acting up again, so I hunted you up on Blogger.

    The most exciting thing in my life this week is that my washing machine quit. Boo! I'll be on the hunt for a SIMPLE one this week. No bells or whistles, please.

    I didn't get much work done last week. My get up and go got up and got lost between my reading chair and my desk. Maybe I'll find it this week.

    ReplyDelete