Saturday, October 31, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 10/31/20

Happy Halloween!  Now, on to the book stuff...

I only picked up one new ebook at the start of this week and I already read it.  Then last night, I picked up a couple more off of FB.  I have a romance left from before, and now I have a new mystery and a new UF to read.  Yay.  No new hardcopies this week, but I have tons of those on the shelves.

Books Read:

71) Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs (10/30/20) - Suspense - 5 stars.  Neither new to me nor underappreciated.  50c at the thrift store.
Review: "I'd never read this far back in the series before. If I hadn't picked this copy up at a thrift store, I probably would never have thought to go back this far. Now I need to find the first book in the series. Definitely thrilling. Also very interesting."

70) Groundskeeper: Raking Up the Dead (10/24/20) - Paranormal Mystery* - 5 stars.  The author isn't new to me, but as a new release, this is probably less appreciated than it should be. I follow the author on FB. When she said she had a new release, I scampered over to see what it was about and then one-clicked it at $1.99.
Review: "I inhaled it! This story was so much fun. I only wished there was more of it. I loved Chloe! And the whole idea of a cemetery caretaker actually taking care of the undead residents of the cemetery is brilliant. I hope the author writes more stories about this character.

DNFs:

10/27/20 - dark UF - free.  Meh.  I got about 18% in and decided I didn't really care enough about any of the characters to keep reading.  Which was too bad because the premise was pretty good and the world building was solid.  =o\

Currently reading... after I finished the suspense, I decided to spend the rest of the night watching TV and playing poker.  No clue what I'll pick up next to read.  Probably the one ebook I have left - a romance.

What was on your reading list this week?

2 comments:

  1. Total books on the year: 173, still 7 ahead of schedule. Still chugging along on the In Death marathon, and finally closing in toward the end. I listened to 3 or 4 this past week. I don't remember if I included the book I finished last Saturday afternoon in last week's count or not. Anyway, here's my list. All by JD Robb, yada yada.

    173 - Connection in Death #48 - 4 stars
    172 - Leverage in Death #47 - 5 stars
    171 - Dark in Death #46 - 5 stars
    170 - Secrets in Death #45 - 5 stars

    Currently in the early stages of #49, Vendetta in Death. As NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow and I need to write at least 3K words a day for about 3 weeks, I probably won't be zipping through books. Priorities, right?

    Happy reading! 📚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloweeeeeeeen!

    I found an Aunt Dimity I hadn't read. I love that series!
    A couple of good mysteries, and an entertaining (and very vintage) SF. All in all, a good reading week. :-)

    ReplyDelete