Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Don't I Know You?

Hubs and I were watching a new show - Flesh and Blood on Masterpiece - Sunday night and several of the cast members looked familiar.  So, as I often do, I went to IMDB to figure out where we might have seen them.

The creepy next door neighbor played Dolores Umbridge in the Harry Potter movies.  

The mom played Paul Atreides mother in the original movie of Dune.

The mom's boyfriend played the good cop in V is for Vendetta.

And each time I discovered who they were, I was all like 'OH!! That's where I know them from.'  

I do this all the time.  Especially watching old shows like Perry Mason.  There's a lot of 'hey, that guy looks familiar' on there. And during commercials or after the show, I hit the internet.  I hate not knowing where I know someone from.  It's a thing.

Sometimes I know where I know them from.  "Hey, it's the little guy from The Big Sleep." Or "Oh, man, I just saw him.  He's plays the neighbor on Hazel."  

A couple weeks ago, we were watching something else on Masterpiece - Van der Valk - and the main character looked totally familiar, but I kept picturing him as much younger.  Sure enough, he played Blythe on Band of Brothers.  (Don't get me started on Band of Brothers and searching for where I knew all of those actors from.  There were a lot of actors in that one that I knew I knew from somewhere else.)

Thank goodness for the internet.  This stuff used to drive me nuts.  Now I can look any actor up at any time and satisfy my neurotic need to know.

If only there were an internet database of everyone I've ever met, so I can figure out who all those people are that I run into and wonder 'don't I know you from somewhere?' ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I need that database with facial recognition matched to names and implanted in my head. That works!

    And yeah, I'm the same way. Or something will come up--a statement or event--and it's race between LG and I as to who can "google" the answer first. Yay for smart phones because I don't have to get up or wait for a commerial. LOL

    Oh, and LG likes "Van der Valk" too.

    ReplyDelete