Sunday, October 11, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 41

Not sure where the week went, but here we are again at another Sunday.

Okay, so most of the week disappeared into edit hell.  Lucky for me, edit hell is not pink*.  I am this close to having this edit pass done.  Like 177 pgs out of 189**.  I worked on it every day, but it wasn't a quick process.  I hope to have those last twelve pages done today.  Right now, the book is at 63390 words.  I don't expect that to change too much.  Unless the proofers tell me they hate the beginning.  

I'm thinking about doing a sale on the genie books next week.  I need to stop thinking about it and make it happen.  I'll schedule a sale for the model books once I know when I'll have this last one published.

Alas, with all the editing going on, reading fell by the wayside.  I didn't finish any books.  I am making progress on an Agatha Christie short story paperback, though.

In baking news, I made chocolate chip cookies and granola bars and zucchini bread.  We're full up on baked goods right now.  Yay.

On the activity front, I did manage to get something active done 6 out of 7 days.  Okay, some of the activities weren't super active, but they weren't 'sitting on my ass in front of the computer', so they count.  Weight:179.4.

The trees are starting to turn here.  And the bucks are starting to come around.  We seen three now.  The main one, Arthur, was looking kind of puffy faced on the right side last week.  This week, we know why.  He must've had an abscess.  And it burst.  He's kind of gnarly looking right now, but he's healing and it's not affecting his ability to eat.  Other than the gnarly face, he looks beautiful.

I have some spreadsheet work to do today - both my own and payjob stuff.  I also have a blurb to work on for a friend and one to work on for myself.  Then there's dusting and vacuuming and I probably should get a walk in there somewhere.

I think that's about it.  What about you?  How did your week go last week?

*You'd understand the pink thing if you read Ugly and the Beast.
**The number of manuscript pages does not reflect the number of published pages.

2 comments:

  1. Turn about is fair play, yeah? If I can help there. And thanks!

    Glad Arthur is okay! Yay for exercise, baking, and getting almost done.

    NIGHT WISH is over 70K words. I have no idea how that happened! Today is transferring from Scrivener to Word, updating back matter, and stuff like that. Tomorrow, I start the read-thru edit process. With luck, it'll be loaded to Draft-2-Digital and Amazon by the end of the week.

    Reading was hit and miss last week for me too. I'd rather be writing so that's okay.

    No baking. LG is still making his own trail mix. I never know what's going to appear.

    I'm going to try some yard work later today. Or...maybe now and then come back to the "futzy" stuff on the book. This week and next is big trash pickup. I have a bunch of volunteer oaks and youpons that need trimming out to be hauled to the curb for pickup. It means putting on real clothes and finding my work gloves. Think I'll have another cup of coffee and consider the ramafications.

    Not much else going on. Cool front tonight so cooler temps for the win. Then another warm-up and then a cold front the end of the week. I'm ready to turn the AC off again!

    Okay, moving on. Thanks again for your help! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Cinder Ugly! Hooray for pink! :-D

    I got a few illustrations done this week. Less than one a day, I fear, but the backlog is slowly clearing out.

    I'm 3/4 through a way-too-political book written in 1979 that I'm about ready to give up on. Especially since now I have a FAR more interesting novel to dig into! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete