Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 40

 Okay, according to the internet, I was wrong about last week being Week 38, so this update is for week 40.  :shrug:  I must've mis-numbered a week somewhere along the way.

Anyhoo...

In writerly stuffs, I finished inputting the first round of edit notes and began the next round of edits.  In this round, I do a page of notes and then I enter them, instead of waiting until I've noted the whole book.  So, as of last night, I've created 4 pages worth of notes and entered three of them, which brings the finished part of the book to 23 pages.  Not sure where the fourth page of notes will bring me to today or how many more pages I'll get done today, but it'll be something.  Slow going, but necessary.

I actually finished reading two books last week.  Yay.  

On the activity front, I managed 5 out of 7 days.  Walking, cleaning, and yard work.  Weight was 178 as of Wednesday.

In baking news, I made a cheater cake this week.  Betty Crocker - yellow cake and chocolate frosting.  I might've also made cookies, but I can't remember if I did those this week or the week before.  And I did a baked spaghetti dish - cooked the noodles, heated the sauce, cooked chicken patties then layered it all in a 8x10 pan and covered it with mozzarella.  Baked it at 375F for 30 minutes until the cheese was bubbly and starting to brown.  I think we'll be having the leftovers for dinner tonight.

It's fall, so you know what that means... Leaves.  Lots and lots of leaves.  We're trying something different this year - using the mower to suck them all up.  It's a lot of emptying the bag into the wheelbarrow and dumping the wheelbarrow, but Hubs says it's easier than raking them all up, so we're going with that.  We'll see how it goes.  I was weeding and did one wheelbarrow dump - basically three bag-dumps worth. It's definitely easier on my shoulders than raking, but he's the one doing most of this work, so if it works for him, it works for me.

As for weeding, I only have two places left to weed - the garden paths - and I'll be done with that until Spring.  Yay.

That one buck has been stopping by on a regular basis now.  Checking out the ladies and since the ladies all stop here to eat, he's stopping here, too.  The neighbors are starting to talk about him - as in 'hey, have you seen that buck?'  Shhh.  If you talk about him, people will want to come shoot him.  He isn't here, he was never here, and I don't know what you're talking about.  =op

Okay, I think that's about all I have to say about last week.  How was your last week?


2 comments:

  1. It was a week. Not a lot notable went on. My Cards lost but they forced the Padres to the final game. Ah well. We'll see which teams make the series.

    Didn't make it for pancakes, I had some neck stiffness, but siren test and Mexican lunch.

    I was going pretty good on NIGHT WISH then...sort of fizzled. Then I got some inspiration and then yesterday happened and well, nap attack won. I'd really thought I might be finiushed today. I need to make a Wallyworld run but might stall until tomorrow. We'll see.

    Sleeping pattern is getting weird. I'm falling asleep earlier and sleeping later. Not telling what the time change the end of the month will do.

    Okay. Gotta get off the 'net. I have two books to finish by Thanksgiving. *flail*

    Oh, our yard guy blows all the leaves onto the driveway and then runs over them with his lawnmower and bags them that way. So Hubs's method this year is viable. And no raking. I'm all over that! Even if I don't rake anymore. We've been here over 20 yeears and there were a LOT of those years I DID rake.

    Okay, dashing now. Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of using the mower to mulch the leaves. My garden can use all the mulch I can get! But it's so windy here all the leaves blow away before I get around to dealing with them. Something I can't complain about! :-)

    This week went by toooooo fast!

    ReplyDelete