Saturday, October 10, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 10/10/20

Wow, that week just flew right by there, didn't it?

I picked up a bunch of new books this week.  Three new ebooks - paranormal mystery, YA paranormal, and urban fantasy.  Also I got 12 new-to-me hardcopies at the thrift store - eight paperbacks and four hardcovers - in various genres.  

Unfortunately, I've been so deep into edits for Cinder Ugly, I haven't taken a lot of time for reading.  

No Books Read this week.

No DNFs either.

Currently reading... The Regatta Mystery by Agatha Christie.  One of my thrift store finds of the past week.  It's short stories, but I think that's what I need right now.  Read a story, get back to editing, read another story... you get the gist.

What did your reading week look like?  Anything new and interesting?

1 comment:

  1. I've been deep in writing this week so...wow! I actuall got through 4 books! Of course, 2 of them were novellas (only about 3 hours long, listening time) so that helps. I'm still 7 ahead of schedule which is good considering what my next week looks like. Anyway, I've read/listened to 161 so far this year. Again, still in marathon In Death mode. All books by JD Robb.

    161 - Taken in Death #37.5, 4 stars. Riff on Hansel & Gretal. Fun.

    160 - Thankless in Death #37, 5 stars. Set at Thanksgiving. Murder and a huge Irish family. What can go wrong? LOL Poor Dallas, but she manages to cope and solve the crime.

    159 - Chaos in Death #33.5, 4 stars. Had to backtrack to slot this one in. Riff on Jeykell and Hyde. Robb's novellas in the anthologies all came out around Halloween so had spooky and sometimes paranormal elements. Mostly fun.

    158 - Calculated in Death #36, 4 stars. Accountants and arrogance makes for a tense read.

    Currently listening--sporadically--to CONCEALED IN DEATH. There are a couple of books on my want list releasing soon and I discovered some books by Jayne Anne Krentz (historical suspence paranormals) I've wanted to try are now available in audio through the library but there are 5 books and I'm waiting for the last one to be listed so I can do them all. I've also bookmarked a new-to-me author/UF/paranormal series that I can check out for free. They're in the mix at some point. I'll report back when I get to them. Happy reading! Editing! Fishing!🥰

    ReplyDelete