Thursday, October 15, 2020

Thursday This n That

I just saw a marketing post from an author who said they never planned to make money from their book, so it's free on Kindle Unlimited.  Umm...  Authors get paid for every page read in KU.  Don't let liars like this fool you.  I blocked the chick.  Disingenuous turd.

I'm trying out Blue Emu on my squonky shoulder.  It's a pain relief cream my mom swears by.  The jury's still out on whether it works for me.  I slathered some on last night and I think it worked okay, but I was sleeping.  Maybe that was the test - whether it lessened the pain enough for me to sleep.  Next up on the pain relief test - Salonpas patches.  I'll let you know.  If neither of them work better than Aspercreme, I'm going back to Aspercreme.  It's way cheaper.

By the way, aspirins still work better than most other NSAIDs, even if I have to take them more often.  (And I have taken just about every kind of NSAID on the market - over the counter and prescription.)  I think the only reason aspirin fell out of favor was the marketing done by Tylenol and the pain relievers that came after.  

Also by the way, I was squonky even before my car accident - bursitis in both knees at 17 - but the accident went a long way toward further squonkitude.  I could let it stop me, but that's not in my nature.  Besides, the more I sit around because it hurts to move, the more it hurts to move.  It's a wicked cycle, man.

I set up a sale on the genie books.  They'll all be 99c the 26th through the 2nd.  Just in time for Halloween.  Yay.  I'm surprised at how many people who read the first three haven't read the fourth.  They're missing the big finale!  And I really kind of proud of the finale.  =o\

Arthur's gnarly face is healing nicely.  The flap of dead skin either fell off or he rubbed it off.  He's a scarred hero now.  The does should be flocking to him this season.  Chicks dig scars.

Okay, I can't think of anything else to say this morning, but I've probably said enough anyway.  Have a great day out there in the world.  And feel free to leave your own this-n-thats in the comments.  I may not always reply, but I do read and enjoy all of your comments.  =o)



1 comment:

  1. Blue Emu's predecessor worked pretty good. LG uses Salonpas a lot. He loves them.

    Yay for Arthur and yeah, that whole scarred, tragic hero should bring the does to the yard. 😁

    I often wonder if those kinds of marketly ploys work. Whatever.

    Yay for the sale but I don't get why they wouldn't read the big finale either! Silly buggers.

    As the weather makes huge swings, my knees and back kick in. No fun so I'm with you on the squonkies.

    I did a bunch of limb trimming. We can now access the whole back yard without knocking heads on limbs or getting scratched. Youpons. They're even worse on the volunteers than the golden oaks. Ah well.

    Not much going on here. CU proofing has been fun. I've been ignoring NW. Later today. I'm hoping it's set long enough for me to get over the "This SUCKS!" stage of writer's denial. 🤣

    And that's about it for me this cooler Thursday. Time to get to work. I have an MS to deliver to a friend. 😁 Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete