Sunday, November 1, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 44

Hello again.  We're slowly creeping toward the end of 2020.  A lot of people won't be sad to put this year behind them, and I'm one of them.  Still, whether 2021 is better than this is up to you.  And what happens on Tuesday.  Positive forward progress vs negative sliding backward.  

And if you haven't set your clock back yet, you should probably get on that at some point today.  (We do ours Sunday morning after the coffee has kicked in.)  Right now, the computers and the satellite clocks all say 5:30 and the other clocks all say 6:30.  :shrug: 

Anyway... I didn't do any writing this past week.  This was mainly due to getting Cinder Ugly done and up for pre-order and focusing on the Once Upon a Djinn sale.  Post-publication is not a good writing time for me.  I get the blues.  Meh.

I have done a bunch of marketing this week.  It's netted me 9 sales, which is more than I've sold over the past few months combined.  If I'd done some paid advertising, I could've possibly raised that number, but paying for marketing is not in the cards right now.  Gotta sell books to make money so I can pay for advertising to sell books.  It's a vicious circle.

On the reading front, it was a good week.  Not gangbusters, but good.

This week was not good for activity.  It rained.  A lot.  Like 7 inches worth of sky water.  And I was not inclined to exercise indoors.  Or clean.  Meh.  Let's not talk about weight.  I didn't weigh myself.  I don't want to and you can't make me.

I made oatmeal raisin cookies this week.  Those are for Hubs.  I had planned to make a meatloaf yesterday, but then I got a wild hair and picked up the fixin's for chili.  Big ol' vat of it.  Yum.  Actually I planned to make the meatloaf Thursday and then forgot until it was too late in the day to start it.  That's the problem with meatloaf.  It takes 2.5 hours to cook, so I have to get it in the oven by 2:30 if I want it ready by dinner.  And I don't like eating late.  I'm getting a real craving for cake, so that might be on the to-do list for today.

Speaking of wild hairs, I cut my hair yesterday.  It was driving me nuts.  Back up above my collar it goes.  Yay.

It's finally getting cold enough to go into the woods.  I haven't yet - 7" of rain makes muddy mush out of my hill.  The rain also screws up the fishing - makes a muddy mess out of the river, doncha know.  I hope to be able to do both of those things soon.

I've been thinking about what to do for writing next.  Again, I'm faced with the same decisions - do I hit the unfinished YA fantasy, or the unfinished mystery, or the unfinished UF?  Or do I start a new book - another SCIU or Dennis Haggarty?  Decisions decisions.  I'll figure it out.  Needless to say, I will not be starting NaNoWriMo today.

I think that's about it for me today.  What went on in your week?  What lies ahead? 

 


2 comments:

  1. Tuesday scares the bejeebus outta me. 'Nuff said. Yay for chili. I fixed a pot last week too. You got more rain but between our 5" and then the ice, we'd be close. My week was:
    Ice.
    No power.
    Power.
    No power.
    Power. Warming temps. Melting ice.
    Decent book listening week, despite the no power.
    Missed a big marketing opportunity because I'm not wired to think that far ahead. Oh well.
    Writing is...going. My goal is 3K a day until it's done, hopefully around the 21st or so.
    I hate DST/time change but you know that.
    Not much else in my world.
    More coffee. More words. Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year can't end soon enough. I just hope most of the weirdness ends with it. And DST, too!

    Yay for sales!

    I finally got my wholesale orders folded and packaged. I just need to tape up the boxes. Oops, I better get onto that!

    ReplyDelete