Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Wednesday This n That

Because Thursday this week is a holiday, here's a little Wednesday this n that...

I made the pumpkin cheesecake yesterday.  Of course, I licked the bowl and the filling was so good I could've poured it into a glass and drank it.  I think I might've accidentally used too much cream - 2/3rd cup instead of a half.  I wasn't wearing my glasses.  Anyway, it took way longer to cook, but, like I said, the filling tasted awesome.  We'll eat some today.

Tomorrow Hubs will do the turkey.  It's a behemoth for us, so he'll have to put it in the oven earlier than usual if we want to eat around noon like we always do.  :shrug:  We eat dinner around noon on TGD so we can lay around all day digesting the huge amounts we eat.  It'll be a simple meal - turkey, stuffing, corn, cranberry sauce, rolls - on which we will gorge ourselves.  Then days of turkey sandwiches.  Yay.

Cranberry sauce... It has to be canned.  It has to be jellied.  I ate homemade cranberry sauce with whole cranberries once.  Umm, no.  For me, it's a crime against Thanksgiving.  ;o)

Besides, canned cranberry sauce has lines for easy cutting.  And Hubs loves it on turkey sandwiches.  I don't need cranberry sauce on mine.  Is there anything better than leftover roast turkey on a buttered crusty roll?  I don't think so.

And now I'm hungry.

In non-food news, night before last, a scene for a book I wasn't planning on writing popped into my head and wouldn't go away.  So I got up and jotted a couple notes for it.  Last night, I wrote the scene out a little.  I'm not sure where it's going to go, but hey, it's words.

In the past week or so, I've written words on three different stories.  Which is weird for me.  I'm usually a 'pick a story and stick to it' kind of gal.  We'll see which if any of those three win and become whole books.

Okay, I'm done for today.  I hope you all have most awesome Thanksgiving Days tomorrow and that you get to spend time with family and friends, if that's your thing.  Hubs and I will be alone together again, which is just the way I like it.  (Even if I do kinda miss seeing everyone at Thanksgiving, it's like a crowd scene up there most years.)

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the canned cranberry. We used to do the whole big T-giving deal but then schedules and blended family stuffs sort shook things around and at some point, we decided that we'd just cut to the chase--the turkey sandwiches. When we go to the BiL's with the SiL's extended family, it's the whole schmeer. Just us and the kids? Sammaches. And pie. Pumpkin and pecan. And Butterball has a freezer-to-oven pack that's a bone-in breast ready to roast straight from the freezer. Ours is a little over 7 pounds so 2 1/2-3 hours. Easy peasy. Then the kids will go home to nap, I'll throw the paper plates and plastic cups away and I'll work, LG will nap. Not for everyone but works for us. 😋

    Worried about one of the ferals. I haven't seen BeeGee in a few days. He's the biggest of the black cats. And this morning, Smudge didn't show up. I'm used to Lucifer being around before disappearing and returning eventually. BeeGee? Not so much. I haven't seen any furry bodies around so...

    The writing drama hit a peak this week. The drama llama decided to pull out of the series (a little over a week before deadline) so the five of us left got together yesterday and brainstormed. We're all excited again, even with the changes we have to implement. One book was finished and the author is so excited she's adding a couple of chapters with the additional plot stuff. Mine will be easy enough to fix becaues I hadn't really gotten there yet. Big breath of relief was exhaled by us all and with the squeaky wheel that was rubbing us all raw now moving along single, we might consider another group project but not necessarily under the auspices of this publisher. Anyway. Lots of writing over the next few days for me.

    Lots of rain yesterday though we missed the severe. Sunny today but on the chilly side.

    Loki is spending more time in his nest behind my monitor. I'm hoping that's a good sign that he's starting to like me more. Still doesn't want pets or snuggles. Stupid cat. I mean, it's been over a year! Ah well. He still makes me laugh.

    I hear you on the snippets. I do that all the time, which is why I love Scrivener to keep me organized. I can write whatever pops into my head at weird moments in the correct "Scrivening" for the series/book and then it's there, easy to find when I get back 'round to it.

    On that note, I have some quick revisions and additions to make in previous scenes before I hit the ground running this morning.

    Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for being my friend. And for writing awesome books. And all that stuff that makes you awesome and special. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, B.E.!

    Hooray to new words and any kind of inspiration!

    I love whole-berry canned cranberry sauce. I can take or leave the jelly kind, and not fond of fresh, especially not the fancy stuff. Who wants horseradish in cranberry sauce? Not me!

    I'm going to my sister's for Thanksgiving, since the Mongol horde decided to go to their in-laws' place. My job is to bring olives and ice cream. I can handle that! (Nobody wants to eat my cooking. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete