Saturday, November 14, 2020

Satruday Reading Wrap-up - 11/14/20

Hey there.  It's early on Saturday morning and I didn't set this up last night because I was reading, so I get a pass, right?

I have one ebook left from earlier in the month - a thriller.  I also picked up three new ebooks - a romance, a romantic suspense, and a mystery.  I'm reading the romantic suspense right now because I've been waiting for this book for a while and it's finally here!  Yay!  No new hardcopies.

Books Read:

74) Flintelf (Exili's Excellent Elucidation Services, #1) by Victoria Bastedo (11/12/20) - Fantasy Mystery*#. 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated,  Free off the Book Gorilla newsletter.
Review: "
What a fun story! I do love fantasies and mysteries, so fantasy mystery as a genre is perfect for me. And this is an awesome example with a unique premise, interesting characters, and an intriguing mystery. Well done!"

DNFs:

11/8/20 - American Sniper by Chris Kyle.  I just couldn't get into it.  And I really really tried.

Currently reading... the third and final book in a series I have thoroughly enjoyed.  So far it's really good with loads of feels, and despite how long it took to get this last book, I'm falling right back into the story.  

What reading hijinks have you been up to this week?

1 comment:

  1. My reading/listening took a drop this week. Writing and life sort of got in the way, though the writing is a good thing. I'm at 178/200 in my GR reading challenge, 5 books ahead of schedule though when I finish the novella I'm currently reading today, I'll be at 179 and 6 ahead. I did try some new authors this week so yay me. LOL

    177 - The Lasaran (Aldaberian Alliance #1)- Dianne Duvall, SciFi Romance: 3 stars. New to me author, not underappreciated. Saw this in a sale email, found it in the library, put it on hold and it popped up this week between reading GOLDEN IN DEATH and SHADOWS IN DEATH. The writing was competent and the story line intrigued me but there were parts that irritated me--a whole gullible but feisty "special" heroine and all humans are evil torturers. Might be my headspace, but it was hard to finish.

    178 - Shadows in Death (In Death #51) - JD Robb 5 stars. I LOVED this book. I got all sniffly at the awwww moments, righteously angry at the antagonist, totally enjoyed Eve's broader emotional arc, Roarke was Roarke, and it was just a damn fine story. Next one comes out in February.

    Will finish this one today and can already rate it. It's a short novella that sort of sets up the series. Fated mates, dragon shifters, politics. New to me author, not underappreciated. I saw another book in the series, found them on Hoopla and marked them. When I finished SiD yesterday, I had something of a book hangover and not sure where to go for my next. I decided at just over 3 hours, this book would do. Plus, Hoopla/library so no $$ involved. The problem with short novellas as prequels, the author usually sacrifices either worldbuilding or character/relationship development. This one is a bit short on both but I'm still mostly enjoying the story.

    179 - The Mate (Fire's Edge #0.5) - Abigail Owen, Paranormal Romance, 3.5 stars.

    I have no clue what I'll listen to next. Weird headspace, which means I'll probably retreat into a reread of a favorite series. See ya in the reading room! 😉

    ReplyDelete