Saturday, November 21, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 11/21/20

:rushes into the room:  Hello.  Sorry I'm late again.  I just woke up, so bear with me.

Only one new ebook acquired last week - a romance.  I still have three others on my Kindle left to read - thriller, mystery, romance.  I'm also still working through the last batch of hardcopy books I snagged.

Books Read:

76) The Edge by Dick Francis (11/16/20) - Mystery - 5 stars.  Not new to me or underappreciated.  Picked up from the thrift store for 50c.
Review: " Ooo, that was a good one! Definitely going on the keeper shelf. "

75) Savaged Devotion by Jennifer Lyon (11/14/20) - Romantic Suspense* - 5 stars.  Not new to me, but since it's a new release, it's probably not as appreciated as it should be.
Review: "5+++ stars! That was freakin' amazing. It was a long wait for this final book in the trilogy, but oh, so, worth it. My heart wrenched along with Liza and Justice as they fought the pain of loss, smiled when they found the strength to be together again, and cheered at the satisfying climax. Good wins, evil loses, and they got their happily-ever-after. Yay! I'm not even sad the trilogy is over because I know the happiness lasts forever. End of story."

No DNFs this week.

Currently reading...  I'm working my way through Le Morte d'Arthur for research purposes.  I haven't read this since high school.  I loved it then.  Now?  It's kind of tedious.

What did you read last week?  Anything good?

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently at 181 books in my GR challenge, but only 4 books ahead of schedule now. Big push to finish the WIP cuts into to reading/listening time don'cha know. After finishing my marathon re-listen of the In Death series (next release in February '21), I looked around for something new. I sort of stumbled into a series aobut dragon shifters that were available on Hoopla, which I get free through my library. I mentioned the prequel novella, THE MATE, last week. I finished it last Saturday and decided to take a chance on the next one. So, here's what I've listened to this week:

    180 - The Boss (Fire's Edge #1), Abigail Owen, paranormal romance, 4 stars. Unknown to me before the novella. Not truly underappreciated. Interesting worldbuilding and take on fated mates. This enforcer group of dragons masquerades as hot shot firefighters (wildlands certified, not inflated ego - LOL) and they put out fires started by rogue dragons. Female dragons are sterile and rare, so there are special human women fated to be dragon mates, who are claimed and if they survive the dragon fire, turn into dragons themselves. Anyway, there's a lot of politics involved between the ancient hierarchy and the "younger generation." Decent tale I enjoyed enough to continue in the series.

    181 - The Rookie (Fire's Edge #2), same as above, 4 stars. More mate claiming outside of "approved methods" but dragon has to do what a dragon has to do when his fated mate's life is on the line.

    182 - The Enforcer, same as above, not rated yet but probably 3.5-4 stars. Currently reading, will finish maybe today or tomorrow

    Not sure where I'll go next. There's a new release in a favorite series coming Tuesday but I'm not feeling a relisten of that series coming on. I did one not too long ago. I think. Anway. OH! I'm also reading Jen's SAVAGED DEVOTION. Stupid eyes will only let me read about 10 pages at a time. I'm slowly making my way through it and LOVING IT! All the feels to Liza and Justice!!!

    Until next week, happy reading! 🥰📚

    ReplyDelete