Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 46

Oh, what a night.  Apparently, some tornado stuff was swirling around the area.  We're fine here.  When the sun comes up, we'll see what damage, if any, there is to the outside.  At one point, it sounded like a large limb came down.  And there was hail.  Weeee.  As long as all my car windows are intact, I'll be content.

I actually did start the week out with writing.  I got about 750 words out.  Then crickets.  The books are also swirling around but in my head.  When I get them sorted out, I'll probably be able to write more.

Marketing... ahem... The first two books of A Model Curse are still on sale - through to midnight tonight - but I fell down on marketing them.  It's hard to market when you don't see results from the marketing efforts.  

I only finished one book before the wrap-up went out yesterday.  Then yesterday, I inhaled the rest of the other book I was reading.  I'll talk about that one on Saturday.

In baking news, I made brownies.  Oh, so good.  And yesterday, I made homemade pizza.  Always yummy.  I think I've already posted those recipes, so they're not here.  If you missed them and want them, let me know.

The other day, Mom said something about not knowing if one of her cousins was still alive, so I did some genealogy stuff.  As far as I can tell, Cousin Shar is still with us, but one of her daughters is gone and one of her grandsons.  

Let's not talk about exercise, activity, or weight this week, eh?

We saw another different buck in the yard.  A little four point with symmetrical antlers.  Not to confused with the little four point whose antlers look like hooks.  So, now there's Arthur, Lear, Captain, Val, and Spike.  Lumpy is still coming for food, sometimes with the twins and sometimes without.  I don't know if I've ever mentioned White Legs, but she's here, too.  (Her two front legs are white.)  And now we're starting to see other does with white legs, so she's passing on her genes.  Yay.

And that's about it for me today.  How are things in your world?

2 comments:

  1. I still have a world so there's that.

    The wind hit here but no storms, just the wind sweeping down the plains. A few of the previously broken-but-stuck-in-branches limbs came down. I had to cut one up so the dogs could get out the back door.

    The WIP is progressing well. I thought yesterday might be a bust on my word count but I got inspired in the early evening and ripped out over 2K words. Still on track.

    I love my library and subsequent subscription to Hoopla. "Free" books.

    All the ferals are showing up for breakfast. Chonky neighbor's cat is showing up again. He'll show up for a week or so, eat and hiss at the ferals and then he disappears for awhile. We know he belongs to someone because...CHONKY. But he lets me pet him so the ferals can see. I still want Smudge. S/he is fuzzy and cute but while a bit bolder still won't get close enough for capture.

    Still not much on TV that I care aobut. I hate the news. And I've just about seen all the DYI/ghost/science shows that are out there. Good thing there are books!

    On that note, I'm going to finish listening to this dragon book, drink more coffee and figure out where to take my WIP next. Enjoy your day! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got some noisy winds, too, but I was lucky -- No new shingles missing. That I can find, anyway. I still need to get hold of my local roofer before the leak gets worse.

    Yay for new deer!

    I got a lot more work done this week than usual. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete