Thursday, May 21, 2020

Thursday This n That

I made another cake yesterday - a chocolate oil cake with fudgy frosting.  This will last longer than the coffee cake, for sure, because it's too rich to eat big pieces.  Still, that's only like 5 days worth instead of 4.  If it was just Hubs and I, the cake would last a week, but there's three of us now.  The Owl wants to make the cake next time.  She's talking about honey cake. 

I think Blue Bunny is shorting us on ice cream.  I mean, all of the manufacturers have switched to less than a half gallon in their 'half-gallon' containers (with the exception of super-expensive Blue Bell), but I think Blue Bunny went even smaller.  Three modest bowls of Chocopolitan and it's already 2/3rds empty.  =o\

Yesterday, I did a kind of a French bread pizza bar.  I got the half-loaves ready and everyone got to pick what they wanted on theirs.  I did roast chicken, ham, mushrooms, and black olives on mine.  I do love me some chicken pizza.  Owl did pepperoni, ham, black olives, and banana peppers.  Hubs went old school with pepperoni and mushrooms.  Plenty of leftovers for today.  Yay.

The prothonotary warblers are passing through.  They're so pretty.  And now I know what prothonotary means - it's a clerk in the Roman Catholic church that wears yellow robes.  Heh.  Like the cardinal, the little birds are named because the people who first saw them thought they looked like religious dudes.  Anyway, I love it when they pass through.  They give me a happy.

Speaking of birds, the sky outside is just starting to get light and already I can hear a Carolina Wren singing his song of the day.  They're very loud for such a small bird.  These also give me a happy. 

Can you believe it's already Memorial Day weekend this weekend?  Speaking of which, one of my local papers had a red message across the top this week wishing everyone a safe and happy Labor Day.  Umm, yeah.  Oops.  I know they don't have a huge staff, but someone should've caught that.  Egg meet face.  Derp.

And that's it for me this morning.  Time for more coffee.  Definitely.  Got any this-n-that for me today?

1 comment:

  1. It's Thursday? Damn... 🤦‍♀️

    The birds seem very noisy this spring. And I'm hearing bird songs I've never heard. This is a good thing but I want to know what they are. I heard one yesterday that had a very complicated call that ended with what sounded liked "kitty, kitty, kitty." 🐦🐱 Made me smile.

    I'm done with the writing and edits. The thing is sitting today. Tomorrow, I start a final read-thru and transfer to Word for formatting. Next week! If my cover is done. 🤞

    I made Chicken Parmesan with garlic spaghetti last night. Pretty tasty but I need to tweak the spaghetti. Used pre-cooked breaded chicken patties, provolone, and Ragu traditional. The spaghetti has olive oil, garlic, and cream cheese. Gonna switch to butter and cut back on the cream cheese by about half next time.

    Not much else is going on. LG is talking about switching out light kits and fans today. I'll have to spot him on the ladder. Fun time. 🙄

    Not much else going on. Waiting to see if we get rain. No AC so far. *knocks wood* Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete