Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday This n That + Chaos Diary Stuff

For some reason, I decided to test the done-ness of the French bread pizzas last night with my bare hands.  Which would've been fine if I hadn't accidentally brushed my finger against the pan, too.  Only one spot on one knuckle got burned and blistered a bit, but man, that one spot... Blerg.  I burn myself at least a couple times a year, so I should be used to it.  Does one ever get used to burns? 

I had some banking to do again yesterday.  As I was standing around chatting with my friends - 6 ft away from them (virtue signal lit) - one of them mentioned a little blue bird she'd been seeing.  My BFF and I said at almost the same time 'indigo bunting'.  See?  This is why she's my BFF.  We get each other.  Man, I missed her during the MO lockdown.

Making progress on Cinder Ugly.  Slow progress, but progress nonetheless.  I expect to reach 100 pages today.  Not hard since I finished yesterday on pg 99. 

I never dreamed I'd reach the age of 50 only to find myself monitoring the potty habits of a geriatric cat.  She's pooping along like a champion, btw.  Yay. 

Okay, I'm not fifty.  Yet.  Next week, I'll be fifty.  Umm, yah.

It was time to order more catfood again, so I trotted over to Amazon.  Yay all the types I wanted were in stock.  I also need new socks, so I thought I'd tack them onto the order.  Socks?  They're on back order.  Socks.  On back order.  Who would've thunk it?  For the record, I am rough on socks.  My feet chew through the heels at an alarming rate.  They didn't used to.  Older feet?  Cheaper socks?  My funny gait getting funnier?  :shrug:  I'll pick some up at the Dollar General next time I'm there.

Also for the record, I hate having to think that far ahead on buying catfood.  Just over two weeks worth left?  Time to order more, in case the shipment gets held up.  Blerg.

I have heard Amazon's not being as snappy with their shipments and deliveries as they were.  Stupid chaos.

What's on your this n that list today?  Got any chaos things to report? 

1 comment:

  1. Life is...as usual. 🤷‍♀️

    I need to hit Wallyworld today. I should get dressed and do that.

    Big storm overnight and early this morning. Lots of rain. A little hail. High winds. We got the rain. So yay.

    A couple of my ferals are MIA. Haven't seen one of them in several weeks. I'm pretending someone managed to catch him and has given him a furrever home. Beautiful Siamese/Balinese kitty. I think I saw Hi-Jinx this morning but he ran off before I could get a good look.

    I've made progress on BETRAYAL. Got 2 chapters done in recent days. Hoping I'll be ready to dive in after dealing with the stupid people.

    Amazon is about to pi$$ off their Prime members over the shipping situation.

    I'm about to call a "Congressional" on the IRS. The Federal Bureaucracy is a travesty.

    There's a bird outside that sounds like a puppy. Weird. Totally want an app for bird calls!

    That's about it for me. Guess I'd better put real clothes on and head out into the madness. Hang in there. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete