Saturday, May 23, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 5/23/20

Let's get right to it this week, shall we?

I didn't pick up any new ebooks.  I still have three left unread - a future thriller, an UF, and a suspense.

Books read:

43) To Kill a Labrador by Kassandra Lamb (5/19/20) - Cozy Mystery* - 5 stars.  New to me, but not underappreciated.  Found on FB through the Mystery, Thriller Publicity Book Club page. Free.
Review: "Cute and fun cozy mystery with a dash of suspense and a smidgen of romance. Plus, dogs!"
 
42) Flea Market Magic by Bella Falls (5/16/20) - Paranormal Cozy Mystery* - 5 stars.  New to me, but not underappreciated.  Picked for free off the Fussy Librarian newsletter.
Review: " Cute and fun little paranormal cozy mystery."

No DNFs.

Currently reading... my last unread Mickey Spillane paperback.  :sniffle:  Not sad because it's a bad or depressing book but because it's the last one.  I have to find some more, but the thrift stores are still closed and I'm too cheap to order old paperbacks online.  Not that it's easy to find old Spillane novels anyway, but there's always the thrill of the hunt.

What's been on your reading plate this week?

1 comment:

  1. Wow...this was a REALLY slow week for me. Only two books. That sorta makes me sad. Good thing I'm ahead of my challenge count but if this keeps, I won't be for long! I blame the slowness on the first book.

    86. Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2) Annette Marie. UF/Paranormal, touch of romance. Not unknown/underappreciated. 3 stars. I like this author and though I'd enjoy this spin-off series. Not fond of this heroine which made listening a slog even though I also like the narrator. AND the BIG cliffhangers at the end are starting to jump on my last nerve, especially since the next two books in the series aren't available in audio yet. Should have checked that before I started. May or may not look for the other books eventually.

    87. Judgment in Death (In Death #11) J.D. Robb. 5 stars. Multiple read/listens, fav author and series and who hasn't heard of her? Anyway, finally got back to this one after stopping about 1/3 through because library books on hold dropped. This is a good one, but then most of them are. Cop killers and old nemesis and the best drunken girl advice in any book!

    Currently going "back in time" to relisten to MYSTERY MAN by Kristen Ashley, again fav/fav and something of a comfort read. New book coming out Tuesday in a spinoff series, so I'm listening to the original and then the first in the new series, anticipating the second.

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete