Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thursday This n That

I saw this on FB, so I thought I'd do it here, too.  What's one movie that you find uplifting?  For me, it's The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.  It just gives me a happy.

Had a nice conversation with Owl a few minutes ago, me just finishing my first cup of coffee and her going to bed.  Ships that pass in the wee hours of the morning are we.  Thanks to that first cup, I was not a slavering troll and I was able to string sentences together.  Seriously, before that first cup, I'm not much better than a half-born thing crawling out of the primordial ooze.  After that first cup, I can say and spell primordial.  Heh.

I'm thinking about going fishing this morning, you know, after Hubs gets up and I've fed/medicated the cat.  We'll see.  I have coffee in me, but gathering everything up and being gone by sunup may be beyond me.  If I go in the morning, I have to be at my spot before the sun comes over the horizon, doncha know.  Otherwise, I have to wait or I'm driving east right into it and blinded by the light.

Revved up like a deuce another roamer in the...  Umm, never mind.

I really need to start wearing my reading glasses when I'm at the computer.  Blerg.  Getting older sucks.  Speaking of which, I'll be fifty here shortly.  Double blerg.

Yesterday was the 18th anniversary of my Dad's passing.  Eighteen years.  Hard to believe it's been that long.  I told some bad jokes to Hubs yesterday and then said to the picture of my parents 'those were for you, Dad'.  (Bad as in awful, not dirty.  Dad used to tell some hella bad jokes - awful and/or dirty depending on the occasion.  I don't subject Hubs to the dirty ones.  They aren't his style.)

Kira Kitty will be like 84 (17 in people years) on Saturday.  The grand dame of the house isn't quite herself yet, but on the road to recovery.   As the vet put so eloquently, she's a sweet kitty, but you get the sense she'd rather everyone just leave her alone.  Heh, her and I both.

I guess right now, everyone is leaving everyone else alone.  Well, except for online.  People are getting a mite tetched out there on the 'net this days.  Duck and cover, people. 

Okee doke.  Time to refill the coffee mug and wander off to do other things.  Have a great day everyone.



2 comments:

  1. Uplifting movies... 🤔 I'll get back to you on that...

    Glad Kira is feeling better. I remember those days of ships passing in the night/morning with both LG and Only. I's had some weird work and "lifestyle" schedules in my life. Hope you went fishing. Cloudy and sprinkly here with a chance of big storms overnight. 🌩

    In other this and thats from my side of the state line...

    Heard from my NYC editor this morning. I finally have edits coming back next month and have a release date of 2/21. That coincides with my Tarply VFD release, though probably 2 weeks apart. That's okay.📚

    Loki is weird. Now that the chenille bedspread is on the bed, he comes in and cuddles. Sort of. He's fascinated by my feet and when he's not trying to bite them, he's using them as a pillow. I also catch him napping on the bed. Don't know why he isn't fond of the microfiber "suede" winter spread. Cat. 😼

    Boone has taken to sleeping under my desk. This is a problem because he takes up the entire space and there is no room for my feet. This throws my whole posture off and I can only sit for so long before cramps hit. But he's old so he gets to sleep where he wants. 🐶

    I found a "ducks and runs" emoji! Sort of... This is *dashing away*: 💨 I guess I should find a people emoji to go with it...

    As you can tell, ain't much goin' on 'round here. In other words, life as usual.

    And I did say I'd get back to you. The only movie that comes to mind is "Pretty Woman." For whatever it's worth.

    Later, tator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy Kira is doing better!

    The most uplifting movie I can come up with is "Spookley and the Christmas Kittens" -- shows how much TV I watch. Kids' cartoons only, and not even that since Mom can't go bowling.

    I hope you had a good day fishing!

    ReplyDelete