Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sunday Update - Week Does it Really Matter?

Well, it was the last week of May.  May is usually my favorite month of the year.  This year?  Not so much.  And it only got worse over the last few days.  If you're looking for a cheerful, positive, life-affirming post today, you can wander away now.

With all the shit going on, is it any wonder there hasn't been any writing?  There hasn't been any editing because you have to have written something to edit it.  And there hasn't been any marketing because I can't muster the will to do that either.  Today was the o-fficial last day to get Sleeping Ugly for 99c and Ugly and the Beast for $2.99.  I've set Amazon in motion to raise those prices to $3.99. 

I finished a couple good books early last week.  Then I spent the rest of the week reading a book I ultimately did not finish.  I started a book yesterday that shows some promise, as long as they stick to the murder and don't get bogged down in personal angst.  There's enough of that in reality right now, I don't need it in my fiction.

For the record, I am fine.  Hubs is fine.  Everyone I know and love is fine.  The country I love is under attack.  I mean, it has been for some time, but now the abstract is becoming concrete. 

The last couple of days, Hubs and I have been attacking the weeds.  Finally.  The yard once again looks like the people who live here give a damn.  (It's a joke between Hubs and I.)  There will be more of that today.  And then I'll get to work on my landscaping block project.

I feel the need to bake something.  Unfortunately, we're out of ice cream again.  Yes, I don't need ice cream to bake, but I need ice cream to eat what I baked.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Okay, that's enough out of me.  Other things happened, I'm sure, but meh.  What's up in your world?


2 comments:

  1. Yay. Now I can buy the book! Shush. I have a gift card. You might as well get the extra royalty since it's free to me. 🥰 (Even though I'd pay full price anyway! Just sayin'...!)

    The world is truly crazy and there's not a damn thing I can do but hunker down. I rant and rave privately because while I abhor what happened to one, I'm incensed at the herd stupidty. Moving on. 🤬

    I need to get out and do some trimming. The grapevine is taking over the corner and creating sight-line problems at the stop sign. Sadly, our big trash pickup has been delayed three times now and is vaguely scheduled for sometime in early July. Stacking up yard waste on the curb for over a month? Yeah...no. LG and I'll figure out something. 🌳

    I had a good listening week. And this upcoming week will be good because...relistening to favorites. Always a good place to hide. 📚🎧

    I'm down to a final read-thru on BETRAYAL. Only had some file difficulties so I hope to have a cover this week. 😔

    I'm really going to do my best to get lost in one of my own worlds this week and get some new writing done. Not sure which world/WIP. But I can't control the world and I shouldn't let it control me. That's my goal. 😬 (This is my determined face)

    Go get ice cream. Bake. Go fishing if you can find a spot. I'm going to read a little BETRAYAL. Listen to my current audio book. Maybe catch up on some DVR'd shows. I'm not turning on the news. I'll just get 🤬 all over again. It's a pretty day. I've switched out the dog pool water. Boone is under my desk. Jake is asleep on "his" bed in the guest room. Loki is lurking around somewhere waiting to go zoomies. LG is still asleep and I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee. I kept thinking it was Monday. It's Sunday. That's good. Even God set aside one day for rest. ☕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you and yours are safe in this crazy world.

    Yay for gardening! Tomorrow go fishing and bring home some ice cream. :-)

    I'm still plugging along at plugging along.

    Oh, rats, my brother wants me to order (another!) TV remote, but my internet is running slooooow. I better go deal with that.

    Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete