Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 19

Hello again.  19 weeks into this year and I''m already ready for a do-over.  I started the year with such hopes and plans.  Then the Kung Flu hi-yah'd all of everyone's plans.  Bleh.  Anyway...

I did some writing this week.  Not nearly as much as I would've liked, but at least it was something.  Part of the problem was I got through the ideas I had set aside and hit a spot where I have to figure out what happens next, and I have no clue what happens next.  I'm as surprised by my stories as my readers are.  ;o)

I lost the will to market somewhere along the way, so none of that got done.

I did some reading.  Not a lot of that either.  I did finish two books - one for the update and one yesterday.  I'm not sure what I'm reading next, but I did pick up some new ebooks.

In baking news, I made a coffee cake (recipe below).  Warning: It's addictive, so make it at your own risk.

On the activity front, I wasn't very active - unless you count eating as an activity.  Got some fishing in.  And some property maintenance stuff.  But only one walk.  The weight fluctuated up this week: 175.4. 

Fishing, while slightly active, was a bust.  I got skunked both times.

Weather...  Good gravy it's been raining like someone upended a bucket.  Enough already.  We got around two inches yesterday.  The yard looked like a waterfall.  Animals were gathering two-by-two.  Some old dude was gathering lumber for an ark.  (heh, not really.) 

Okay, that's it for me.  If there's anything else, I can't think of it this morning.  What happened with y'all last week?

Recipe:


To Die For Coffee Cake:

Cake:
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon

Topping:
1/2 cup butter (very cold and diced)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9x13" can pan with non-stick spray. Make cake batter according to directions on box, but using the above measurements instead of theirs and adding cinnamon to the dry batter mix before adding the wet ingredients. Combine streusel ingredients using a pastry blender until they're crumbly. Spread half the cake batter in the pan. Sprinkle half the streusel mixture over the top. Dollop the remainder of the cake batter over the streusel, getting it about as even as you can. Sprinkle the remainder of the streusel over the batter, again getting it about as evenly distributed as you can. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that DOES sound totally yummy! I'm just sorry it's only LG and I and with his diet restrictions... 😔 And I've already put back on 10 of the pounds I lost last year. Grrr.

    I had a week. Not much happened. I did make progress on BETRAYAL. Like maybe I can finish the draft today and do final read-thru/proofing tomorrow, then formatting while waiting on the cover. No promises but I'm buoyed. I'll be discussing this in my Monday post.

    Reading/listening is slow. That's okay. Writing is better.

    No exciting food discoveries to report.

    In other words, not much new to report. Except the honeysuckle is STILL blooming, I have one more bud on my peony that I'm hoping blooms. I'm hoping we can avoid the AC until the end of the week. We'll see.

    I need more coffee. Gonna be that kind of day. OH! You can watch golf today! It's a 4-man skins game but I might even watch because of the OSU boys playing. The trash talk should be epic!

    Have a good day! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that coffee cake looks good! (Runs to put GF cake mix on my shopping list!)

    Yay for writing! Any words are good words.

    I cheated and started on 1881 even though I haven't finished 1880's illustrations yet. I need to buckle down and finish up the last five. It's hard to find the oomph to do anything these days.

    ReplyDelete