Friday, August 30, 2024

The Choice Ahead

Below is the link to an interesting post about politics and the upcoming election.  I'll just leave it here and you can read it or not.  If you're at all confused about what we're facing in the coming election, you probably should read it.  There's kind of a lot at stake.

https://accordingtohoyt.com/2024/08/30/lines-of-departure-2-2-the-choice-isnt-trump-or-harris-by-tom-kratman/

This week's local paper had a scathing letter to the editor ripping Trump, which is 1) weird because this is a mostly conservative county and 2) not really all that unexpected because the editor of our local paper is a leftist.  I expect the editor will get a ton of letters refuting this one, but I don't expect she'll allow any of them to actually go to print.  Or she'll post one that will come across as the ravings of a conservative lunatic rather than one of the many well-reasoned letters she'll receive.  That's her style.

:heavy sigh:  

Now, it's time to go grocery shopping.  It should be a breeze because the VP says the economy is doing great - while she's promising to fix it out the other side of her mouth.  (If it's great, why does it need to be fixed?)  I expect to get next to nothing for double the price.  If I'm lucky, maybe I'll find marked-down, almost-expired ground beef.  It'll be nice to have beef again.  It's been too expensive to buy at regular prices.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I "love" how she is being touted as the "candidate of change" when she's been "the last one in the room" for the past 3.75 years. I worry about the people who drank that Kool-Aid. When asked their opinion of her greatest accomplishment and/or her best policy, 9 out of 10 stand there trying to think of something. And when asked why they are voting for her and they say "She's a woman" I just want to gag myself with a spoon.

    I wouldn't necessarily invite the other guy over for beer and BBQ but at least we'll be able to afford beer and BBQ if he wins. If she wins, I really would be tempted to figure out how to get out of the country. Thing is, there's no place else to go and we can't afford our own island. Ah well. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I can only hope that people start drinking water again and stay away from that Kool-Aid!

    Also, good luck! The only reason we had beef this past year is because the BiL butchered a steer. I'm down to my last two sleeves of burger. Which is a bummer.

    Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete