Friday, August 20, 2021

Change of Plans

So, it turns out that I was mistaken.  I will be around today.  

I don't really do well with plan changes.  I spent yesterday getting stuff done so I wouldn't have to worry about it while I was busy today and now I'm at loose ends.  I guess I could make more zucchini bread.  Or cookies.  I could tackle some of the long-range to-dos I have.  I could read a book.

But changing gears is hard.  The older I get, the less able I am to shift quickly.  

:shrug:

It's no big deal, really.  Things happen.  I'm just wondering when my gears got so hard to change.  I used to be able to roll with stuff.  Now?  I don't appreciate change.  Don't want it in my life.  I'd like everything to proceed as it has always proceeded without hitches.  Change causes hitches.  Change puts bumps in my otherwise smooth road.  Blerg.

Okay, I'm off to do something.  Have a great day and a great weekend.  There probably won't be a post tomorrow, since I haven't read any books this week, so I'll see ya Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Okay. As threatened, I'm sending you a book. You should have an Amazon notice shortly. While this books is sorta in the middle, Jayne does an awesome job of sketching in backgrounds. I suspect you will love the dustbunnies and the zucchini bread plays a major roll. Every time you mention zucchini, I think of this book. So now you have somethoing to read. I hope you enjoy it! TGIF. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs on being out of sorts. I have the same problem with changes. Sometimes I feel like a rock.

    Go read a book! That always makes me feel better. :-)

    ReplyDelete