Saturday, March 7, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 3/7/20

Another week gone by and not a lot to show for it this week in the reading realm.

I did pick up two new ebooks - a cozy mystery and a suspense/mystery.  I only have one other ebook left to read on my Kindle - a YA adventure novel.  I really need to snag some more free books, but I haven't seen any that really excite me this week.  Maybe next week will be better.  And hey, I still have all those hardcopies left to read.  =o)

21) The Lord God Made Them All by James Herriot (3/4/20) - Memoir - 5 stars.
No review.  This one took me a while to read.  Still, it was worth the time.  Finished the series, though, so that makes me a little sad.  I didn't like this one as much as the others, but it was still a 5-star.

No DNFs.  Because I spent most of the week reading the Herriot and then I dove into what I'm currently reading.  Also because I've been writing again.  The writing goes up and the reading goes down.  I need to figure out a way to fix that.

Currently reading... a SF novel I picked up last month.  It's pretty good so far. :fingers crossed:

What did you read last week? 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...I forgot to drop by yesterday. Well, not exactly forgot. By the time we got home, I crawled into bed and snored for 4 hours, then it was LIVE PD, time change for the clocks, and more hours of snoring. So...catch up today.

    I'm currently at 53 books on the year, 17 ahead of my challenge average. I finished up the next to the last Kate Daniels books this morning. I listened to a total of 7 books, not counting MAGIC BINDS, the one I finished today. It goes on next week's count. 😉 All that's left is the intervening spin-off book and the final Kate book. I also attempted to read a book I had on hold--a detour into the mystery/suspense genre by a favorite paranormal author. I was hoping to love it but was smart enough to put it on hold at the library. The language was beautiful but the mystery? The pace was so slow I ended up not caring. Made me sad. The only reason it wasn't a DNF is because I cheated and skipped a bunch to check the end of the book. By that time, I didn't care who did it.

    Not sure where my listening pleasure will take me this week, once I finish the last two Kate-world books. Also reading this fun manuscript about a girl who got cursed by her brother. Good stuffs!

    ReplyDelete