Saturday, March 21, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 03/21/20

Hello again.  Welcome to the Saturday Reading Wrap-up with your host, B.E. Sanderson.  :cue applause:  Heh, sorry, I've been watching a lot of game shows lately. 

Anyway, not a bad reading week.  Four finished and no DNFs. 

I picked up two new ebooks this week - a memoir and a SF suspense.  No new hardcopies and no new ones for the foreseeable future as my two main thrift shops have closed for the duration of the viral chaos.  I haven't checked the others, but it doesn't look good.

Books Read:

27) Grave Games by Skylar Finn (3/19/20) - Suspense*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Free from the Robin Reads newsletter.
Review: "This is more suspense than mystery, at least to me. Fine by me, I like them equally and this was a good suspense. Very twisty with less wondering who did it than how they would stop the murderer and what would be the series of events leading up to the justice at the end."

26) Fire Me Up by Alicia Street (3/17/20) - Romance*# - 4 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Free off the Book Doggy newsletter.
Review: "Neat little romance with a couple of interesting twists and a satisfying ending. I thought there'd be more fire fighting stuff, but that's on me for assuming. Reading this was a pleasant way to spend a morning. =o)"

25) Nemesis by Agatha Christie (3/16/20) - Mystery - 4 stars.  Yeah, I know it's a Christie, but it's a later Miss Marple one and I prefer Poirot or earlier Marple.  I've had this one longer than I've been keeping records of books acquired.  Funny how I missed reading it before now.
No Review.

24) Pancakes and Pleas by Gretchen Allen (3/14/20) - Cozy Mystery*# - 4 stars.  New to me and underappreciated as far as reviews go.  Plenty of ratings, though.
No Review from me either.  It just didn't inspire me to write one.

No DNFs this week.

Currently reading...  a YA (MG?) fantasy.  The premise sounded cute and so far it's living up to the promise.

What was on your reading list this week?  Do you find you're reading more now that the world has shut down or about the same?  If you say less, I'll totally understand.  Sometimes it's hard to focus when you're stressed out.  :hugs:  May the week ahead bring better things for us all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still way ahead on my reading challenge. And, given the state of the world, I'm sticking with comfort reads/listens until some new stuff hits my library hold list. Currently, I'm on book #5 of the In Death series, CEREMONY IN DEATH. Luckily, there are 50+ books and novellas. It should take me well past the current stuffs. :)

    Here's what's coming up that I'm waiting on, just so I have something to say...LOL

    1. The Library of the Unwritten, A.J. Hackworth, fantasy(?): all new to me. Premise: Books that authors haven't finished writing are kept in a library in Hell. Where the characters can come alive.

    2. The Last Wish, Andrzej Sapkowski, fantasy: new to me, prequal to the author's The Last Witcher series, and set up for the Netflix series. I'm curious so I'll check it out.

    3. Smoke Bitten, (Mercy Thompson series), Patricia Briggs. Not new, latest book, long hold list but I'm too cheap to buy it.

    4. Crush the King, Jennifer Estep, fantasy. Just released. I have a copy but need to relisten to the first two books to remind myself of the characters. Not in the headspace so it's waiting patiently.

    Happy reading! Stay safe and stay sane! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete