Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 3/28/20

Hello again.  It was a stressful week for me and I guess that means reading.

I didn't pick up anything new, though.

Books read:

30) Love You Still by Kat Bammer (3/27/20) - Romantic Suspense*# - 4 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Picked this one up for free from Book Doggy.
Review: "I bought this as a romance, but it's really romantic suspense, which is fine with me because I like those, too. Good premise and plot."

29) Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie (3/27/20) - Mystery - 5 stars.  Got this at the thrift store in November.
No review.

28) Apprentice Fool by Aldred Chase (3/24/20) - YA Fantasy*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Free from the Book Barbarian newsletter.
Review: "Fun book! Great characters. Great premise. The story kept me turning pages. The only flaw? It ended too soon."

No DNFs.

Currently reading...  I finished that last book right before bed, so I haven't chosen what I'll read next.

What were you reading this past week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm at 62 books of my 250-book GR challenge, and 15 books ahead. Still doing a re-listen of some favorite series, currently In Death/Eve Dallas by JD Robb. This past week was slow-going for some strange reason, and I only finished two books.

    61) Ceremony in Death (In Death #5) JD Robb. Neither new nor underappreciated. 5 stars. This one took awhile. It's always a tough one to get through for a variety of reasons, mostly emotional.

    62) The Library of the Unwritten (Hell's Library #1), A.J. Hackworth, 3.5 stars, new to me, not exactly underappreciated. The premise of this book intrigued me: all unwritten books are housed in a wing of Hell's Library, watched over by a Librarian, who occasionally has to retrive a book that's escaped in the form of a character manifesting. Sadly, I didn't like it as much as I'd hoped. The narrator was fab, the characters interesting (for the most part), but it just sort of...dragged on. Interminably. That's on me--there are far more positive reviews than negative. Personally, I like faster action. I did bump my rating to 4 stars based upon the narration. I was glad I got it from the library.

    Currently listening to VENGEANCE IN DEATH. I have a few on hold at the library that will pop up over the next week or so. I hope they catch my imagination. While old favorites are a comfort, sometimes, the brain longs for something to to catch hold and take fire.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete