Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunday Update - Week 9

It's been a week and I am toast.  

I got the edit round finished last Sunday and sent the manuscript off to beta readers on Tuesday.  Thursday one of the betas was already finished, saying that she couldn't put it down.  Yay.  But I will wait until all the notes are in before I start entering them.  It makes it easier for me to sort through them that way.  

In reading news, I finished two books and DNF'd 3 others.

Last Sunday, I made cake cookies in bar form.  Yellow cake with chocolate chips and walnuts, so they're like blondies.  Kinda.  No other baking went on and all the cooking was simple stuff.  Today, I might make pumpkin bread.

On the activity front, I took two walks and did two sessions with the gardens.  Then yesterday, after my walk, I also helped Hubs with the home drainage system.  Basically, we're creating a new way for the water to go around the house to help ease up the erosion we've got going on in one place.  I didn't weigh myself at all last week, so your guess is as good as mine.

Today it's supposed to rain a lot, so we'll see how yesterday's work actually works.

I played a lot of poker.  It's good for taking my mind off everything, ya know.  Anyway, I've been doing tournaments.  My best finish this week was 28th out of 450.  Top 7% at least.  I've also been finishing in the top 10% on a regular basis.  I wish I played this well when I was playing for money.

Another notable thing... I filled my car's gas tank.  It was $3.15/gal when I stopped, and when I went to pay, the cashier told me I got in under the wire.  Gas was going up as soon as the truck got there.  Another local station was already at $3.29, so cha-ching for me.  With as little as I've been driving, a tank full should last me about a month.  

And I stopped at the thrift store.  In case you missed yesterday's post, I didn't get any books because they'd jacked the prices up on me, so I said screw it and moved on.  I did pick up a nice metal baseball bat for $2 - for home defense purposes.  The thought of hearing that PING as I wallop a burglar fills me with glee.  Sort of like this clip from 50 First Dates.  ROFL.   I also found a cute metal wall hanging for $3.  It's geese in flight.  So pretty.  

Okay, so I think that's about all.  Not the most exciting of weeks.  At least not on my little patch of ground.  The world?  Well, that's going right down the crapper, but there ain't a damn thing I can do about any of it, so I'm muddling along in my life the best I can.  

How are things with you?

1 comment:

  1. My reading has been restricted due to more eye issues and the dang dog. I have to read on the big monitor and he gets under my desk and a) bruises my feet, b) bangs his head against my keyboard drawer which makes weird things happen if I happen to be typing, c) bumps me, my chair, and the desk, d) makes me push back so I can't actually "see" what's on the screen.

    This also affects my writing for the same above reasons.

    In book listening, I got two new books done and relistened to two others but then discovered the next book in a series I thought had alreayd dropped doesn't until Tuesday so I had to find something to listen to between yesterday and then. I settled on a mostly humorous paranormal shifter first-in-series that's keeping me occupied in odd moments.

    Siren test and lunch with the family yesterday.

    Writing news--sorta good but I'll reveal in my update post tomorrow.

    Not much else going on. Still sleep deptrived. Have new feral who doesn't hang with the cauldron. S/he is an orange ginger who is very vocal but won't let me get close. I feed it with the crows and birds in the driveway.

    On that note, Imma gonna finish my first cup of coffee, deal with the dog and if he settles, I try to do some real reading. 😉

    Here's to a better week. 🤞🏼 Especially for the world. 😞

    ReplyDelete