Sunday, March 20, 2022

Sunday Update - Week 11

Well, here we are again.  Another Sunday in 2022.  Almost exactly two years from the start of this crap.  Two years ago last week was when I was out in the pouring rain amidst the lunatic fringe, trying to find toilet paper, and I locked my keys in my car.  Two years ago this coming week was the circus of trying to get Owl from up there to down here.  Blerg.

Anyway, that was then and this is now.  

I finished inputting my beta notes on Monday.  Since then, I've spent every day this week going through SSS with a fine-toothed comb and really trying to catch every little thing.  110K words worth of every little thing.  I'm up to page 219 out of 377 now.  158 pages left to go.  I did 81 pages yesterday, with brief breaks for food, baking, and a walk.  Nothing else much is getting accomplished, but hey, the book is nearer to publication every day.

I also wrote like 4000 words on SCIU 4 early in the week before I started pushing to get SSS done.  And I reworked my blurb yesterday morning.  Busy busy busy.  I tried editing and writing on the same day, and I am totally not up to that speed yet.  I'll keep trying, though.  Just not this week because I want... no, I need to get this done.

In reading news, I finished one book last Saturday and read most of another book before I leapt into the deep proofreading on Tuesday.  I'll read when this manuscript is published.

On the baking/cooking front, I made a roast chicken, pizza, my version of Mexican pizza, and yesterday I did an Applesauce Coffee Cake.  Yum.

In activity news, I did something active 5 out of 7 days.  Mostly it was walking.  I put over 4 miles on my legs this week, which is about half of what I've done so far this year.  Woohoo.  No weight check.  The scale and I aren't friends these days.

That's about it.  Time for me to get back to proofing.  I proof from early morning until lunch and then I veg until about 3 then it's back to proofing until dinner.  I eat then I proof.  Then I take a break for a walk.  Then I proof until about an hour before bed.  I'll be so happy when this is over and the book is published.  

How was your week?

2 comments:

  1. It was a week. Yours was busy and yay for new words and dilitgently proofing and weather that makes for nice walks!

    I've been mostly writerly. But at the same time, I get really sucked in by current events and then I get pissed and then I go find a baseball or softball game to watch because my brain stops braining.

    I do have new words. Not enough but hey, better than nothing. I haven't touched any of the other books for updates. They might just be off the market for a week or so. Stuff happens.

    Tried to give blood yesterday. My hemoglobin count was 2 points too low. I'll eat a lot of red meat and take iron supplements this week and try again next Saturday. I need to write myself a not to do that whenever I'm scheduled because this is the first time.

    Not much else going on in my world except today is the Vernal Equinox and spring is about to get sprung. I'm ready. We're off here an hour or so to head north for Stormy's birthday. Yippee. Glad the kid's having a party but a bunch of kids running wild in a gaming arcade? Jake's going so I think he and I will be doing walkies outside quite a bit. LOLOL

    Have a great week and let's get productive! (You already are. That's for me... LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy First Day of Spring! (That shows how exciting my life is these days.)

    Yay for editing and proofreading! I loved SSS!

    I got a bit of work done, but not as much as I'd like. My excuse is I'm anxious about Cleo. I can't wait to bring her home. (Then I'll REALLY get no work done. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete