Saturday, March 26, 2022

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 3/26/22

Hello again.  It was a busy week for me professionally, with the formatting and publication of my latest book, which Goodreads in all its infinite wisdom added to my book goal.  With as much time as I put in on that thing, I'm leaving it.  I read it like 6 times for pitysakes.  

I did pick up a slew of new-to-me ebooks this week.  Yay.  I still have 5 left - SF, Mystery, Paranormal Mystery, Historical Mystery, and Romance.  

Books Read:

16) The Redemption Man by James Carver (3/25/22) - Suspense*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Picked up for free from the ENT newsletter.
Review: "Interesting and thrilling suspense with the kind of hard-hitting hero I appreciate. It took a little supernatural bent there toward the end, which I assume is a lead-in for subsequent novels. I didn't expect it, but it was okay. All in all, an enjoyable read. Good guys win, bad guys lose. It's all good."

15) The Breaking Point by Daphne du Maurier (3/21/22) - Suspense/Short stories - 4 stars.  The author isn't new to me, natch, but I hadn't read this one before.  It's not underappreciated.  I picked this up in 2019 from one of the thrift store for like 50c.
Review: "Fairly interesting group of short stories. Some of them were quite good. Others were just weird. A few were weird and good. Definitely different from some of her more well known works."

14) Song of Shroud and Storm by B.E. Sanderson (3/20/22) - Epic Fantasy*# - My own book, so not rated or reviewed.  I bought a copy like I always do - $4.99.

No DNFs.

Currently reading...  I got caught up in writing and other stuff, so I didn't start another book yesterday.

What did you read last week?  What'cha reading now?  Looking forward to anything?


1 comment:

  1. I finally hit 31 books. Actually an average of 10 books a month isn't that bad...unless one usually "reads" 250 books a year. Ah well. At least I'm only 3 books off pace. I managed 5 books this week, 4 in Shelly Laurenston's Pride series. This comedic paranormal romance series is a multi-read for me.

    31 - Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8), 4 stars. Good ol' boy wolf meets jackal with sibling issues--all 10 of hers are prodigies. It's a hoot.

    30 - Song of Storm and Shroud (Shroudlands #1), B.E. Sanderson, epic fantasy - 5 stars. LOVED this medieval Harry Potter-esque coming-of-age story.

    29 - Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7) 4 stars - Polar bear cop hooks up with crazy hockey player tigress, who also works as a "contractor" for a shifter protection agency. Also fun stuff.

    28 - Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6) 5 stars - LOVE this one. Ric Van Holz--rich "celebrity" ches wolf. Dee Ann Smith, Tennesse wolf and total badass. He fell for her at the age of 7 when he first laid eyes on her. It's not until almost 30 years later that they meet again.

    27 - Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5) 4.5 stars - This one is covered in crazysauce but really runny. She's a wolf-dog hybrid Roller Derby girl. He's a Polar/Lion hybrid pro hockey player with serious OCD. You have to read it to get it. LOL

    Currently listening to the last book in this particular series, BITE ME--Russian bear/Siberian tiger hybrid hooks up with a honey badger. The honey badgers introduced in this book spin off into their own series which is also full of total crazysauce.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete