Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Randomosity

I'm totally scatterbrained right now, so here's a randomosity post...

I started writing again last night.  Shroudlands Book 2.  I only got out about 850 words, but I like them, so it's all good.  

The other day a reader contacted me on FB messenger, asking if I had any plans for more SCIU books and whether it would be any time soon.  The answer is yes and no.  Yes, I have plans, but 'any time soon' is problematic.  I'm one of those writers who had to follow where the words take me.  If I try to force them where they don't want to go, it all comes out flat and crappy.  You don't want flat and crappy.  Right now, the words are taking me down the fantasy path.  They might take me back down the SCIU path soon, but I can't tell that ahead of time.  It is what it is.  I was bright enough in that moment to encourage her to try my other books, though.  Time and Amazon will tell when or if she follows through with buying those.  Since she's buying my books in paperback, I have to wait until they ship to see they were purchased.  

I've been watching Grey's Anatomy reruns again.  I tell myself I won't, and then invariably, I do.  It's an addiction.  

We're supposed to get snow again tonight, I think.  Blerg.

I need to make granola bars.

My mom got one of those Ancestry DNA test things.  The results are pretty much what I thought they'd be.  Scottish, Prussian, Eastern European on her side.  The genealogy told me that, so it's good to know the tree is on point there.  No native American, so that myth's now firmly put to bed.  My sister also got hers done, but she hasn't got the results back yet.  Since hers and mine are the same, it'll be interesting to learn what genetics Dad brings into the whole thing.

I'm enjoying discovering more new music.  I have pages and pages of songs that I still need to look up, but it's a neat little side timesuck.  I like this one - Colder Heavens by Blanco White - a lot.

And I think that's all for me today.  Anything random going on in your world lately?  Are you as scatterbrained as I am?

2 comments:

  1. Oh lordy. Let's not talk about braining. I have none currently.

    I walked off without my grocery list yesterday. I sort of rebuilt it in my head. I only missed one thing but added several other things. I called LG and had him check the list still hanging on the fridge. Turned out, Wallyword was out of the thing I missed. LG was out yesterday afternoon so he grabbed said item for me.

    I'm now on page 258 of the beta read. With luck and Boone's cooperation, I may get it done today.

    I realised at 3 a.m. this morning that my plan to just plug my Hard Target team into all the books I'm getting back won't work for RESCUE MOON. I need to figure out something else. Gah! Also. 🤦🏼‍♀️

    Despit being awake at 3, I did get a decent night's sleep. Since I'd been awake--mostly--since 2:30 a.m. Sunday/Monday night, my body and brain were pretty adamant.

    Our "snow" is supposed to come Thursday night into Friday. Mother nature is teasing us with a slight warm-up between now and then.

    Okay. I've had two cups of coffee and neither kickstarted the brain. Hopefully, third cups the charm. Hang in there. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Shroudlands 2!

    Brain? What's a brain? I wandered around shopping today totally brainless. I'm lucky I didn't lose my list, or I'd've been in real trouble.

    ReplyDelete