Saturday, March 12, 2022

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 3/12/22

 Hello again!  Not an exciting reading week, but it's something.

I didn't pick up any new books of any kind this week, but I'd better get on that because I only have one unread ebook left and that's The Three Musketeers.

Books Read:

12) Dark is the Grave by T.G. Reid (3/7/22) - Suspense* - 5 stars.  New to me but not underappreciated.  I heard about this freebie on the Crime Fiction Addict Facebook group.
Review: "
What a great read! Suspenseful. Tight. Well-written. I loved the characters and the plot and the premise. Just all-around awesome."
Available in Audio.

DNFs:

3/5/22 - free - romance.  Meh.  There were a few problematic things right at the start and I didn't feel like trying to sort it all out.  I definitely didn't feel like sticking around to see what else the author/editor hadn't caught.  

Currently reading... Jane Eyre.  It's been ages since I read it and it still holds up as being an awesome book.

What was your reading week like?

1 comment:

  1. I've finished 23 books so far this year, still 5 books behind. We'll see if I ever catch up. I can always adjust my challenge bottom line. I've lost track what I've reported and what I haven't. I may be overlapping but whatever. Also, Goodreads is showing weird lists so I had to go back to pull up the individual books to make sure that I got them all.

    23. Crowbones (The World of the Others, #3; The Others, #8), fantasy, 5 stars. I'm a huge fan of this world, even if I skipped the book between this first in this spin-off and this new release. That middle book, WILD COUNTRY, is a really-really hard book to read/listen to, especially given current events. Miss Vicki is back at The Jumble and there's bad mischief afoot, which draws the attention of an Elder, which is never a good thing. Truly enjoyed this book. Bishop manages to insert a little humor that takes the edge off the suspense and bad things happening.

    22. The Mane Event (Pride, #1), Shelly Laurenston, paranormal romance/light comedy, 4 stars. This is actually two books in one, each story covering a different couple though the plot line is intertwined. The author has a way of inbibing her shifter characters with the...personality of their inner animal. This is a re-listen because I needed a filler between books in a series.

    21. Lake Silence (The World of the Others #1, The Others #6) Anne Bishop. The Great Perdition has occurred, with the Terra Indegenes (the Others) reasserting their dominance over humans. Smart humans have survived, and one of them, Vicky Devine, inherits a lakeside B&B in a divorce. She's just what the "locals" have been waiting for and when other humans arrive to try to force her out, the Others, a few human friends, and her blood-sucking attorney (who is a vampire) all step in. The whole series really resonates with me and I highly recommend it, though I suspect it's an acquired taste.

    Currently listening to Laurenston's THE BEAST WITHIN HIM, Pride #2. Again, lighthearted with some suspense so a good compromise in my mind. Nothing new on the horizon for me so comfort listens it is for the timebeing. Happy readting!


    ReplyDelete