Thursday, October 14, 2021

Thursday This n That

I'm at 80% on making edit notes on this book.  The end is near.

I keep finding old metal things on my property.  I have a horseshoe, part of a pitchfork, a piece from a saddle buckle,  part of a hitching post.  It's like a little museum of rusty things.  I also have a totally rusted set of pliers I found at the lake that looks as old as the things I've dug up out of the ground or found in the woods, which amuses me greatly.

Why is it 'set of' with pliers when there's only one?  I tried typing 'found a pliers' but that was just wrong, man.  

Hubs sawed up the cedar that tipped over. Every bit of it but like 4 ft of the stump are now stacked on pallets under the house drying for when we have a woodstove.  Now we're dragging other limbs and trees up and he's sawing those up, too.  Excellent exercise.  We're taking a few days off, though.  It's raining and we need the break.  Cuz we're old and junk.  Teehee.

Woodstove should be one word.  Jus' sayin'.

"Coffee is a potable plant." - Hubs

I only had two in-person friends.  One of them moved away.  The other retired from where I always saw her.  Yesterday, I ran into the latter friend.  It was nice seeing her again.  I just happened to pull into a parking spot across from where she was talking with another friend of hers.  She waved like mad and I waved, and then I walked over and chatted with her.  Like old times.  But yeah, that's about the extent of me hanging out with people these days.

The person my friend was chatting with... well, I didn't know her... but she was all like 'you must know my dad, everyone knows my dad' and I was all like 'Nope, I don't know anyone.  I'm a hermit.'  

I'm making chili today.  I bought the stuff and was going to make it yesterday, but by the time I recovered from the shopping, I was tuckered out.  I was also going to make pizza this week, but I forgot the damn mozzarella.  Dollar General, here I come.  But not today.  Cuz rain.  

For years, I've heard about the movie 'The Big Lebowski'.  I tried to watch it yesterday.  Nope.  Not for me.  :shrug:  I did catch a weird little thing - cuz we have free pay movie channels right now - called "Pieces of April' that was strange but nice.  I also watched a movie called The Quartet that was nice.

Okay, well, that' probably enough out of me this morning.  Have a great day wherever you are. Drop a comment if the mood strikes you.



2 comments:

  1. Yay for sawing wood, seeing a friend, and taking it easy. Rain is good for hot coffee, a good book, and relaxing. Also, really cool on the finds. I hope you like mount them or something to show off. Pliers are pliers, though we call them a "pair of pliers" or just "go get the pliers."

    We watched BLUES BROTHERS 2000 last night during dinner. Totally NOT PC and totally mindless fun (probably because of that...)

    I'm struggling through the current audio book. It's a repeat read but the heroine has soooo much trouble in her life it's hard to get through. I have ten days to finish it before it goes back to the library.

    Stormy's ballgame Monday night ended in a tie. It was fitting and the kids might not appreciate it, but all the adults did. There's a little brother of one of the players who has mild autism, and is mostly non-verbal, and Jake fascinates him. He'll creep up and suddenly dart in to pet Jake's back hips. When Jake turns to look, the child goes nose to nose and just stares into Jake's eyes with this loving look. His parents are totally apprecitive that neighter Jake nor I freak out.

    Tornado spinups at 5 a.m. is one way to get the heart pumping early. We've had 22 so far in October. Not that unusual but a bunch. We needed the rain but not the wind or hail. At least cool temps are here.

    I plan on switching out my summer light chenille bedspread for the faux suede comforter today. That also involves turning the mattress.

    Revisions suck at the moment. Maybe I'll just set it aside and work on the mob Wolves. Or not.

    Not much else going on this week. Weather. Baseball. Lack of forward progress in writing. All the usual suspects. Looking forward to the weekend because COOLER TEMPS! And the playoffs start up again, plus college football so I can yell at our stupid coach. LOL

    Have a great EOW and weekend! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding rusty old stuff. The whole "pair of" thing is totally weird. A set of pliers. A pair of pants. They're a single unit, darn it! Most of us have shortened it to just "pants" I think. Seems like you could say you "found pliers" -- that sounds off, but not too bad.

    Mom's long-delayed loan will close on Saturday. Hooraaaaaaaay! It's been limping along since April, and we're both tired of it.

    One of Mom's big trees lost a huge limb last night, but it fell AWAY from the house, thank goodness. My sister knows a guy who wants the wood and will come chop it up. Mom is hoping she can pay him to take down the rest of the tree. That makes me nervous, since it's a huge tree near the house, and he's a welder, not a tree guy.

    Speaking of knowing people, now that you mention it, I don't really know *anybody* well anymore. Sure, I talk to the neighbors and the gal at the bookstore, but I haven't hung out with anyone for 20, maybe 25 years. Except for Mom. Hmmmm. Maybe too much of a hermit. (Shrugs)

    ReplyDelete