Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunday Update - Week 40

Well, that week flew by.  Let's see if I can rebuild it.

I didn't do any writing, but I have been back at making edit notes on Untitled Fantasy.  If I remember right, I'm at 61% now.  I don't even want to think about how many pages worth of notes that is.  Lots.  Lots and lots.  I'd like to have these done and input by the end of the month, then do another pass through and have it ready to send to other human beings by Thanksgiving.  We'll see how that works out.

I still haven't done any marketing, but by some happy quirk, someone bought the entire genie series in ebook and someone bought a ebook copy of Up Wish Creek, then someone read Blink of an I all the way through in Kindle Unlimited.  It was the best sales week I had in a long time.  Sad, but true.

As for reading, I'm still working my way through A Brief Darkness - an Alfred Hitchcock anthology.  So far, I've only DNF'd one story.  The beginning left me meh.

In baking news, I made zucchini bread and oatmeal butterscotch cookies.  The cookies were just made with my regular recipe, substituting butterscotch chips for the raisins.  Hubs approves.

On the activity front, I did something active 5 out of 7 days.  Sunday was a flurry of cleaning, after which I took apart my container garden.  Tuesday was vacuuming the entire house.  The rest was outside stuff.  I haven't weighed myself since last Sunday, but the scale was kind.  Weight: 179.4.  That's down 2.2 lbs from the beginning of the year and down 7.6 lbs from my highest in June.  Yay.

Yes, I took apart my container garden.  It was time.  Well, time for everything but the two biggest tomato plants - one still has tomatoes and the other still had flowers that might turn into tomatoes.  Everything else edible got pulled.  I thought the deer might like the plants, but they ignored the pile of greenery.  :shrug:  I repotted my elm tree - Elmer - and my two little cedars.  We'll see how they overwinter.  

In regular garden news, I redid what I refer to as 'the cedar bed'.  I dug the whole thing up, set aside the iris bulbs and threw everything else out.  Then I leveled it out, covered it in pine mulch, and stuck a bird bath in the center.  Except we put seed in the bird bath instead of water.  The birds are enjoying it muchly.  And the squirrels are SOL for now.

We also took down tippy tree.  Last December, a cedar tree just off the yard began slowly falling over.  When it fell far enough to lean against the next cedar, it stopped.  But it was harshing the growth of the other cedar and making us leery of walking anywhere near it.  So, Hubs and I took matters into our own hands,  He used a saw and an axe to whack it off the stump, then we pulled the damn thing down because it wouldn't fall on its own.  Since then, Hubs has been cutting it into manageable lengths for burning in a wood stove.  By the time we get one of those, it should be seasoned enough to burn.  I helped with some of the stacking.  

Note:  peanut butter removes cedar sap from your skin when soap and water won't.  Smear it on, let it set for a few seconds, wash it off.  Then wash the peanut butter residue off with soap and water.  Easy peasy.

I did a bunch of other honey-dos this week, catching back up with the things I'd let slide while I was otherwise occupied.  I only have two things left on my to-do list - thoroughly cleaning the kitchen counters and then washing the kitchen floor.  Then I can start my front flower bed project - wherein I dig the whole thing up, set aside the plants I want to keep, and then redirt and replant.  By the time I'm done with that, it should be time to get into the woods again for my usual winter woodswork.  Yay.

How are things in your neck of the woods?  

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Yay for all you've accomplished and I'm happy you are back to edits.

    Last week was. Neither good nor bad. Just...was. I'm up to about 30% on my revisions. Didn't do a damn thing yesterday on it. Maybe today.

    Stormy had 3 games last week. Two he played well, the 3rd, not so much. He's 7. This is to be expected. He has 2 games left--one tomorrow and then the last one is on the 21st. they are 3-5 on the season so they need to win the last 2 games.

    Still fighting with LG's truck. It is better and despite the dealership decreeing it needed a new engine. Next thing on the list is new spark plugs and that will hopefull take care of the situation. I'm glad because he starts jury duty tomorrow and it would have been a real pain to only have one car.

    I enjoyed my listen to several "Old Skool" paranormals but after 6 or 7, it was time to move on. Now I'm listening to another paranormal series because I like it and there's a new release is a spin-off series so I thought, why not?

    I've stay under 190 all month so yay. I gave some blood samples and my BP was up. Not good but clinical settings are not my fave. I was asked to volunteer the samples to see if I qualify for a research project. I kinda hope I'm picked. That would be cool.

    Not much else happened. Weather was nice. Chance of storms today and looking at fall weather this week. I'm ready.

    Have a good week! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sales! Wishing you many more -- this week!

    There's a line of thunderstorms moving through. Good. We need the rain. (I know, that's my constant refrain. :-} )

    I'm reading Asimov's Foundation series for the first time in decades. I liked it better last time, but for being 70 years old, it holds up quite well.

    I need to work on my garden ... one of these days.

    Work on the dressmaking book is puttering along. I'm enjoying my new sources. Retyping text that's 3pt (maybe 4pt) is a pita, but the illustrations are so clean!

    ReplyDelete