Thursday, October 7, 2021

Thursday This n That

It's 3:30am and I've been up for an hour.  I might try going back to bed after I type this post.

Getting older sucks.  But it's better than the alternative.

I make my own sweet tea.  But I commit sacrilege by putting sucralose in it instead of sugar.  And no, sweet tea is not just tea with sweetener in it.  It's a wonderful, magical beverage.  (Psst... The secret is baking soda.)

I lied.  I'm going back to bed now and I'll finish this when I wake up again.

It's now 7:30.  Which is over an hour longer than I planned to sleep, but it makes up for the hour I was up, I guess. And then some.

There's a picture making it's way through my FB feed.  It shows through a magnifying glass a tiny daisy growing up through the cracks with blurred people walking around above it.  It says 'Stand up for what you believe in, even if means standing alone.'  FB has chosen to hide this photo 'due to sensitive content' and says it might show 'violent or graphic content'.  Maybe they watched 'Day of the Triphids too many times.  Or Little Shop of Horrors and it scared the crap out of them.  :shrug:  Maybe the idea of standing alone IS too violent for sensitive types these days.  Or maybe they just don't want people to stand up for stuff.

A FB friend of mine just got back from another 30-day ban.  We call him Army Sci-Fi guy around the house.  He's pretty much on point most of the time.  Anyway, to make sure people still get to see him even if FB decides to eliminate him, he offered his blog for folks.  So now I follow that, too.  Whether you do FB or not, I suggest you subscribe to his blog.

This morning when Hubs finally got a chance to feed the deer (sorry, deer, I overslept) there were 17 of them standing around waiting for corn.  They don't play nice when there are only a few.  They play even worse when that many show up.  Don't let anyone fool you, deer are not the soft, fluffy, gentle creatures of Disney fame.  They can be mighty nasty when they want to be.

As a person who once got her arms shredded by a rabbit (long story), they aren't always very nice either.  

Okay, it's almost 8 now, so I should probably get this posted.  Got any this-n-that for me today?


2 comments:

  1. Or maybe they just don't want people to stand up for stuff.
    Yes. And in the alternative, they only want you to stand up for the stuff they stand for. I hate FB. I hate Twitter. I pretty much hate social media but how else can an author connect? We have to go where the readers are and it's not book stores or libraries anymore. 😣

    I'm off in about 15 minutes to give a blood sample. When I started donating blood again, I was given the option to sign up for the research arm of the blood institute. They finally called. I carry some component in my blood that they are looking for to aid a cancer study. I won't know until after the first of the year if I'm picked but I'll go give a couple of vials of blood. Heck, why not? Having no genetic familial medical history, I'm the perfect flind test. LOL

    My Cards lost.

    The weather is beautiful.

    Stormy's team lost one and won one this week. One more game tonight and then there's just two games to go.

    I got 25 pages revised. 75 to go. Maybe by early next week, if Only can find the file with the cover so she can fix it. Speaking of, I need to check to make sure it's been taken off the 'Zon.

    Not much else going on around here. Oh, I did have a weird thing happen last night. At 2:15, something hissed my name. I came up out of a deep sleep--literally. From flat on my back to sitting up in bed, heart pounding. Nothing was there. Not that I could see or feel. And the dogs were down and quiet. I have no clue what it was but it was weird.

    Okay. Time to "go before we leave" and head out. Jake will be mad. I don't take him to the blood centers. I'll take him to VA but that's because we aren't really in the sterile areas. If LG went with me, I'd take Jake because he could stay with his "pops." Having back around the sterile stuff and blood? Yeah, no.

    Anyway. I'm off. Glad you got more sleep. I hate the morning when I wake up that early and can't get back to sleep. Enjoy your day. Later, tater! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rowdy deer remind me that I saw three deer in the meadow past my front yard. I was so surprised! I haven't seen a live deer since the new people started moving in. But my sister's dogs are well-fenced and getting old, and the new people must be old news to the wildlife by now.

    I've seen more road runners this year than in all the past 18. It seems like there are 20 of them, but I'm betting it's the same 5 or 6.

    I won bids on two "new" Victorian magazines this week. I'm on a roll! I should probably stop before I spend all of the past 5 years' budget. LOL!

    ReplyDelete