Sunday, October 3, 2021

Sunday Update - Week ???

First off, let me start by saying I am totally derailed and scatterbrained.  Six weeks of putting my... well, everything on hold and helping someone else has me sitting and wondering how to start resuming my life again.  I'm not bitching.  I did what I wanted to do.  Just hindsight is 20/20 and I maybe might've done things differently if I'd been able to see then what I know now.

I'm still pondering how to get back into the writing/editing groove again.  I might start with a short story and see how that goes.  I might jump right back into editing Untitled Fantasy, which I have committed to finishing by the end of the year.  I know I need to get back into the marketing groove again soon.  Sales have been abysmal.

If you stopped by yesterday, you know that I'm 6 books behind in my reading goal.  With 50 out of 75 books read, though, I think I can still manage to win by the end of the year.  25 books in three months should be easy-peasy.

Last Sunday, I baked granola bars and made chocolate/butterscotch chip cake cookies in bar form.

On the activity front, I spent 3 days finishing up the Friend Project.  And one day Hubs and I took a wander.  The other days were pudding and I had the dumb.  On Friday, I tried going out and beginning to dig up the cedar bed, but then I heard thunder, so I quit that.  I resumed that on Saturday, but my body only put up with it for about an hour.  Weight: 180.0

Speaking of the cedar bed, my friends gave me several bags of mulch and a big terracotta bowl thingie.  So, I'm going to dig up the bed, lay down the mulch, and stick the bowl in the middle as a kind of 'on the ground' birdbath thing.  They also gave me two bags of potting soil which I'm going to use in my container garden.

Speaking of the container garden...  It's pretty much over for the season. BUT I have to start planning for next year and there are certain things that can be planted in the fall for harvest late this year or for overwintering.  I'm thinking about potatoes and carrots.  Maybe onions.  I still have two tiny tomatoes growing and once they turn red, I'll eat them.  Everything else needs to be pulled out and the greens fed to the deer.  Maybe I'll get to that today.

Since I've been busy elsewhere, my household chores have been neglected.  Oh, Hubs was a big help keeping the dishes clean and making sure the laundry was done - in addition to helping out over there.  I'm talking dusting and vacuuming and cleaning my bathroom.  That's on the list for this week.

So much to do, so little energy to do it.  I'm still sore from the ordeal.  But I'll get there and be back in fighting form soon.  I hope.

How did your week go?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that's all over for you. I'm sure your friend appreciates how lucky she was to have you. Not many people would put in the weeks of work you did.

    re: garden
    Don't forget trying cabbages, broccoli, cauliflower, and every manner of leafy greens. They all do much better in the fall than spring (imo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Maria said about the Friend Deal. As for the gardening, I have the original Black Thumb so no advice from me! You'll get back into the normal rhythm of your life in a few days. A six-week disruption is a lot to compensate for!

    I had a week. There was baseball--pro and kid. There was some rain and cooler temps.There was time with the Kids and Mexican food. There was very little writing, but some. There needs to be far more this week and in all the weeks to come! I have a book to revise and republsih, a short novella to write and publish, other writerly stuff required, and I really need to get like a "real" book written and published before the end of the year. We'll see.

    Not much else happened. I have managed to drop down to 185. I have no clue how but I'll take it!

    Hang in there. Rest, recuperate mind and body. Ease back into the swing of things. Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gotten a LOT of work done over the past few weeks. Shifting into a different, less physical type of work will take patience, but I know you can do it.

    Besides, I want to read Untitled Fantasy! :-D

    ReplyDelete