Saturday, October 2, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 10/2/21

Hey there!  I don't have much to talk about yet, but I thought it would be a good idea - and a step toward normalcy - to post a Saturday Reading Wrap-up today.

Since last we met, I did pick up 5 hardcopy books, three of which I already had.  I'm trying to complete my Vince Flynn collection, but I can never remember which ones I don't have and I don't carry the list with me, so more often than not, I end up getting the same titles over and over.  Derp.  Other than those, I picked up a  copy of The House of Seven Gables, which I didn't have yet, and an old Hitchcock mystery anthology.  As for ebooks, I have 9 left unread - which I obtained between July 12th and August 20th.  

Stopping by Goodreads this morning, I see that I am 6 books behind schedule.  50 books read out of my goal of 75.  Reading 25 books in the next 3 months shouldn't be unreachable.

No books read.

Also no DNFs.

Currently reading... that Hitchcock anthology.  I got through one story yesterday and started another.  It's not much, but it's reading again, which is good.

How are things in your readerly life?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you're back and reading again! Yay for normalcy! Wow. I can't even remember the last book read I listed here. I am currently reading #157 of my 200 challenge, and I'm 6 books ahead. I went back and relistened to a paranormal/UF romance shifter series (wolves and leopards) by Lauren Dane. All from the library FTW! She has a new book coming out soonly that's the 3rd in a different series (wolf shifters and witches) that I enjoyed so I'll do a reread of them once it's available in audio from either the library or Hoopla. I enjoyed the books but not so much that I want them on my keeper shelf.

    I then got a wild hair and picked up FANTASY LOVER by Sherrilyn Kenyon. There's a long story there regarding writing after almost a decade's slump and introducing Only to romance novels. I was surprised at how well that book has held up so now I'm listening to the Dark-Hunter series. I read them first in paperback WAAAAY back when (like early 2000s), all from the library. Now I can get them in audio from either the library or Hoopla. I'm currently on #4, DANCE WITH THE DEVIL. This is a hard one because the hero is just...his backstory is horrific and his self-esteem in in a cesspool and all the people who should have his back keep betraying him. It's a tough read because I remember now how much I loved Zarak the first time around. FYI, these books are crazysauce awesome. There are gods/goddesses from a bunch of different pantheons, immortals, near-immortals, animals that can shift into human and humans that can shift into animal--and they are deadly enemies, along with Dark-Hunters, Dream-Hunters, daimons (which are vampirish bad guys), Apollites, who are vampirish mostly good unless they decide they don't really want to die at the age of 27 at which point they turn evil and become daimons. See? Crazysauce! But they're fun and while there's quite bit of the sexy, there's always a terrific story.

    Anyway. I'll keep listening until one of the new books I'm waiting on releases. Then I'll either go back to this series or meander into something else.

    Once again, glad to have you back. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete