Saturday, April 3, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 4/6/21

Hello again!  It was an interesting reading week here, so let's get started.

I only picked up one new ebook, and I'm reading it now.  As for hardcopies, I should have a box of old paperbacks in the mail.  I'll talk about those after they get here.

Books Read:

21) Death by Chocolate by Sally Berneathy (4/2/21) - Mystery/Suspense* - 5 stars.  New to me, but not underappreciated.  Free after seeing it on a friend's FB page.
Review: "Wow. That was an awesome read. I loved the characters, the plot, the cat... and the suspense was delicious. Plus, there are recipes in the back. So much fun!"

20) Northern Affair by DK Findlay (3/31/21) - Adventure - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated as far as I know, probably because it's so old.  50c at the thrift store.
Review: "
I found this old paperback in a thrift store stuck in amongst the Westerns. It's definitely not a Western. It's a story of survival and adventure in the arctic. Definitely enthralling and very interesting. And it ends well. It's going on my keeper shelf."

19) Hot Under the Collar by Roxanne St. Claire (3/28/21) - Romance* - 5 stars.  Neither new to me nor underappreciated.  Free after seeing it on Roxanne's FB page.
Review: "
What a fun romance! And a great start to this spin-off series!"

DNFs:

4/1/21 - mystery.  Free.  It didn't take long to realize I didn't like the main character, and the author was trying too hard to make the MC witty.  It seemed like every sentence was a zippy quip.  You gotta sprinkle those judiciously, man.

Currently reading... a paranormal noir mystery.  It's pretty good so far.

What did you read last week?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great reading week. I'm at 53 books on the year, 3 ahead of my 200-book challenge. It was a decent week for me too, though all the books are re-listens as part of my marathon Jayne Castle binge. All are Paranormal SciFi Romance. Obviously not unknown or underappreciated.

    53 - Siren's Call (Rainshadow, #4; Harmony, #12) 4 stars

    52 - The Hot Zone (Rainshadow, #3; Harmony, #11) 5 stars

    51 - Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #3; Harmony, #10) 5 stars

    50 - The Lost Night (Rainshadow, #1; Harmony, #9) 5 stars

    49 - Canyons of Night (Arcane Society, #12; Harmony, #8; Looking Glass Trilogy, #3) 5 stars

    This series is a lot of fun and the reader doesn't really have to be familiar with the Arcane series and subseries. If you like SciFi-lite, psychic paranormal stuffs and romance, this series has all that.

    Currently reading the last in the series, ILLUSION TOWN. Will probably finish it later this afternoon. After it's done, not sure where I'll go next for a read.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete