Saturday, April 17, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 4/17/21

Well, it wasn't an exciting week in reading, but here goes...

No new books.

Books Read:

25) The Sound of Murder by Rex Stout (4/11/21) - Hard-boiled crime - 5 stars.  Not new to me but so old that it's underappreciated.  (Plus, it's not a Nero Wolfe.) - picked up in a group lot from a friend.
Review: "Wow. That was a twisty, turny, 'keep you guessing' book if ever there was one. Alphabet Hicks is a heck of a hero and I wish I'd discovered him years ago. Now I'll have to go searching to see if Stout wrote any others and finding them to snag as my own. FUN."

No DNFs.

Currently reading... and here we come to why I only finished one book this week.  I'm reading a non-fiction ebook and it's taking me a while.  I also started a Zane Grey to give my brain a break when it's overflowing with NF.  I rarely read two books concurrently and this particular NF is very thought provoking so it's taking a lot of attention.

What's on your reading list for last week?

1 comment:

  1. Slow week for me too. I'm at 58 on the year, right on track. Because this was a slow week. Only finished one book, though I'll finish a second today. Maybe.

    58 - Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2), Kristen Ashley. Romantic suspense - 4 stars. Favorite author, listened to many times. Didn't read the first in the series this time around. In my defense, it's a loooong book -- almost 24 hours of narration. Older H/h and fun.

    Currently reading Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain #3), it's also a long one.

    Still in something of a slump but old faves are seeing me through. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete