Saturday, November 6, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 11/6/21

Good morning, fellow readers.  I currently have too much blood in my caffeine system, so let's just get started on this.

No new books acquired this week.  I'm down to two unread ebooks now - mystery and suspense so I probably should start scanning the newsletters again.

Books Read:

55) Me & You Plus Two by Susan Coventry (11/2/21) - Romance*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated as far as Goodreads reviews go.  Free off the Freebooksy newsletter.
Review; "
Pretty fun story. Of course, it helped that it was set near my old stompin' grounds. All in all, a nice little romance. With sexy bits, if you're into that. "

DNFs:

10/31/21 - free - romance.  I'm not a fan of first person present in a romance.  I made it a few pages in before I gave up.  :shrug:

Currently reading...  The More Than Complete Hitchhiker's Guide.  It's got like 4-5 books in it.  I finished The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I'm on The Restaurant at the End of the Universe now.  I'm stopping between each book to read something else, which is where the read book and the DNF came from.

I'm still eight books behind with 20 books to be read before the end of the year.  Whether I can do it is now in doubt.  

What did you read last week?  

1 comment:

  1. I've read 174 of my 200 book challenge and I'm currently 5 books ahead of schedule. I listened to 3 books this week, all by Lauren Dane, all set in her Diablo Lake world--a small town in the mountains of eastern Tennessee where wolf and cat shifters share space with witches. These are paranormal romances with a little suspense and surprisigly little (and less graphic) sexy times than Dane's usual fare. The romances and "courting" are sweet, low-angst and there's a lot of Southern humor and charm. Listening to them made for a nice break.

    174 - Diablo Lake: Awakened - Ruby and Damon. Damon is the now the Prime/enforcer for the Dooley pack after his older brother Jace takes over for their grandfather. He also has a twin, Major. Ruby has been away learning to be a holistic healer with the skills to technically be a physician's assistant. She and Damon dated in high school, broke up amicably when she left to further her education. Theirs is a sweet romance. 4 stars

    173 - Diablo Lake: Protected - Mac and Amy. He's come back to town after his father (the Alpha of the Pembry pack) and brother totally screw up. Amy is a healer witch who decides to take on the Pembry patriarch in the mayoral election. Amy is also Katie Faith's best friend. Mac has to clean up his pack and make amends. 4 stars.

    172 - Diablo Lake: Moonstruck - Jace and Katie Faith. He's Prime (and next in line as Alpha) of the Dooley wolf pack. She's a witch who comes back to town after her father sufferes a heart attack. She left originally because the scion of the rival wolf pack left her at the altar--LITERALLY--and eloped with another woman. To say there's bad blood? Yuppers! 4 stars

    Currently reading: Jaynce Castle's AFTER DARK, book 1 in her Ghosthunters/Harmony series. It's sort of futuristic SciFi Paranomral romance? There's a new book in the series dropping in a week and a half. I have another unread/unlistened to book on my Audible app--Nalini Singh's ARCHANGEL'S LIGHT. It dropped last Tuesday but I'm just not ready for it yet. I've seen mixed reviews (there are reasons for and against this particular romantic pairing) and I'm just not in the headspace to give it due credit. Anyway, the Castle books are always fun and even though I just did a reread at the first of the year, I'm up for a second go-through because they are fun.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete