Saturday, November 20, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 11/20/21

Hello again.  It was a pretty good week, reading-wise.  Three good ones finished, even if I did DNF a couple, too.

I didn't pick up any new books this week, but I need to rectify that since I'm down to my last unread ebook - a fantasy.

Books Read:

58) Duel of Fire by Jordan Rivet (11/18/21) - Fantasy* - 5 stars.  New to me but not underappreciated.  Free off the All About Books Divas Facebook page.
Review: "Gripping plot. Good story. Interesting premise. Nicely done all the way around. Of course, this is the first of a series and the overall story isn't finished by a longshot, which is kind of a bummer, but it was worth the read and I'll snag the next book down the road a ways."

57) The More Than Complete Hitchhiker's Guide by Douglas Adams (11/15/21) - SF - 4 stars.  Neither new to me nor underappreciated.  Snagged from the thrift store for $1.
Review: "I was sure I'd read all these books when I was a teen. But other than a vague feeling of familiarity, I don't actually remember the stories, so maybe not. I can say one thing... I don't remember any of this being so incredibly weird. Still, the weirdness was an enjoyable sort of weirdness for the most part. Maybe I was more attuned to the weird thirty-some years ago when I was a teen. :shrug:

Anyway, I'm keeping this copy. It's signed, after all. Not to me, but it's definitely signed by Douglas Adams, so it's got that going for it."

56) Montana Moon by Silver James (11/13/21) - Paranormal Romantic Suspense* - 5 stars.  Not new to me, but definitely underappreciated.  Paid full price $2.99
Review: "I read the earlier version of this when it was in another author's Kindle World. And it was awesome then. Now that the author got her rights back and brought Montana Moon strictly within her own world, it is awesome dipped in awesome-sauce with awesome-sprinkles. I love the characters of this story, as well as the characters that have populated the Moonstruck universe all along. If you haven't read these stories, you really should. And if you've already read this, read it again. It's so worth it."

DNFs:

11/19/21 - free - SF.  The story was good.  The writing was good.  The author kept tapdancing along a major pet peeve of mine so I quit reading.

11/18/21 - free - UF.  I'm not a fan of first person present, but I thought I'd muddle through.  I shouldn't have bothered.  I hated the MC within the first few paragraphs.  NEXT!

Currently reading... I didn't start anything new after that last DNF.  

What was on your reading list last week?

1 comment:

  1. I HATE 1st POV Present tense. It just...it's like reading fanfiction written by teen fangirls. Ugh. And thank you! Glad you enjoyed the revisions so much! My week was slow but it is NaNoWriMo and I'm attempting to write more, procrastinate less. I'm at 178 on my 200 challenge, currently only 1 book ahead of schedule. Still doing the Jayne Castle Ghost Hunter SciFi/Paranormal Romance series. Not unknown, not underappreciated.

    178 - Silver Mater (GH/Harmony #4) 5 stars

    177 - Ghost Hunter (Ghost Hunter/Harmony #3) 5 stars

    Currently listening to DARK LIGHT (#5). There's about 6 hours left so I'll finish sometime today or tomorrow.

    Happy reading, whatever you pick out next!

    ReplyDelete